Thread: Windows Media Center Virus affecting my pc

Windows Media Center Virus affecting my pc

I am very annoyed by this virus that had taken over my computer and I don’t know what I should do. The name of the virus is windows media center virus and trust me people this virus is very annoying and frustrating no doubt. it’s no matter what icon you click or what program you want to start its just shows you windows media center open and my Trend Micro is not able to detect this virus and I am not able to scan my pc as I am not able to run Trend Micro on my pc as while doing so its start window media center. Don’t know what to do. Please suggest some time

Re: Windows Media Center Virus affecting my pc

I know that virus that Is one very frustrating virus and its annoys when to try to do something you computer. I never experience this virus my self but I know about it cause one of my friend have this virus on his pc and he was really frustrated by this as trend micro don’t able to recognize this virus mab be its new for it and he was not able to download malware tool as whenever he tries to do that it changes the link to media center . this is the one of the growing thing I suggest you should inform about this to trend micro support they may come up with any solution

One ugly virus and the symptom is suddenly every Icon in your computer will change in to the green media center icon and all program you want to start will only start Window media center and the problem is you can’t solve this problem even you want do system restore still is wont work as it will open in Window Media. It’s a fake antispyware program. Its look like legit but fake so you must keep in mind that is a big bug. Hope trend micro may do some research to get rid this virus as this virus is very annoying

No doubt windows media center is a fake antivirus program that is going to take over the performance and speed of your computer such as logs . website visited , keystrokes application and other events . it will take over your entire desktop and no matter what icon you click it will only open windows media central and if you try to download any anti malware software it will not allow to do that it change the download link in to windows media center link and no antivirus software is able to detect this virus . seems like a new virus which has been recently updated

This virus is a serious issue because this WMC Virus make your computer slow significantly which include surfing the web ,starting up, surfing the web shutting down . you can’t access task manager or system restore and you computer will freeze and crashes and would damage it , any antivirus will not work on this virus as it attack any .exe file. You cannot even use online virus scan as its block internet that why even if antivirus software install its still shows green icon on the desktop . I think there is no ways that can finish this virus at all

All attempt to remove this virus is failing as the antivirus will not recognized this virus so we have to do it manually so the steps are

1. Remove all associate files to windows media center include in user profile and all
    2. Delete all registries entries of Windows Media Center

That it’s this may help you but if you are not good in program files, processes, .dll files and registry entries then don’t try this as any unknown change will damage your pc permanently