Thread: Browsing movies with Wifi resets O'Play Air with Firmware 1.27

Browsing movies with Wifi resets O'Play Air with Firmware 1.27

I am having two O'Play Air boxes and I am obliged that Asus have release the 1.27 but now I am getting more issues with that. I have upgraded to that unit and from then both units have reset themselves intermittently while browsing over the movies file from Wi-Fi network connection. And while I am utilizing the remote for scrolling throughout the file lists then I found that the selection get stopped and also get freezes for few seconds and again reset the unit. Once this happens then I have to login again. Please help me with this.

re: Browsing movies with Wifi resets O'Play Air with Firmware 1.27

This can be due to overheating problem due to some possible reason. So you should check that if the unit is getting overheated? This is one of the most possible reasons for this issue. Once this is confirmed then you can take some steps to get this overheating problem resolved. This is the only thing that I can tell you for the time and I hope that these will be helpful to you to resolve the problem.

I am facing the similar problem in my case. I tried with all the possible things that I knew in order to get this issue resolved but all these fails to solve the problem. This essentially causes to be the wifi on my oplay ineffective. I estimate that I will install the previous version (1.26) again and put up through logging in to the network 90% of the time. I hope that someone will come up with the permanent solution of this soon.

I think that you are out of the Wi-Fi range and for that reason you are getting the freezing problem. So, first of all make sure that you are in the Wi-Fi range. I know that its very simple thing to be asked but there are some of the people who does do not pay attention to this little problem and try other big solution to get it solved. So if you are getting any such problem then you should verify these small things first.

I think that firmware that you have installed in not downloaded or installed properly in that and this is the reason that you are facing this problem. So if you want then you can try to do the update again. If that asks you that this version already exists and do you wish to overwrite then select “yes”. Make sure that the update completed successfully without any error report. This ca n take you out of the trouble now.