Thread: AirDrop not working with Apple Macs , List down wifi compatible cards for hackintosh

AirDrop not working with Apple Macs , List down wifi compatible cards for hackintosh

I don’t know what’s the problem with the AirDrop? It does not work at all with the mac system, so that’s the reason why I have made this thread and asking for the necessary help from you all on the same, so if airdrop is not working then there will be some other wifi compatible cards for the same and hence that’s the reason why I am asking you all to list down the wifi compatible cards for the same, so that I can get the necessary reply from you all on the same. Make sure that you are mentioning about the cards which have actually worked for you and not the one which has failed. Suggest me something guys, I am waiting for the help.

Re: AirDrop not working with Apple Macs , List down wifi compatible cards for hackintosh

Well the one that worked for me is the AirPort Extreme (0x14E4, 0x8E). the firmware that I am using it right now is the Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (5.100.98.75.6) and it really works there have been no issues with it till now and hence that’s the reason why I have given a reply for you all about the same. so hope you did get the necessary information on the same. anything lese that you need to know about the particular wifi card then do feel free to ask me about the same. I will be very much happy to answer it out for you.

Re: AirDrop not working with Apple Macs , List down wifi compatible cards for hackintosh

Well I am suing the Original Apple AIRPORT BCM94322MC, sad to know that airdrop is not being used much more and hence it is better to stay away from it, that’s what I am thinking here. so here is the suggestion that I have given you here i.e. Original Apple AIRPORT BCM94322MC it really works well with the miniPCIX PCIx riser card. So if you are confused with the choices then you can surely go with the one that I have suggested you and I am sure that it will be a worthy option for you. so that’s what I am saying here.

I am having the same card with the firmware version and I have some small issue with the updating of the firmware. Actually I am using the 10.6.3 firmware version and when I tried updating the friemare to the current evrsion of 10.6.7 it gave me some problems, the wifi was not working at all. I don’t know what to do in this situation, can you all please let me know as if wher can be the problem. I am asking for some solutions for the same an dhence do let me know about the same. I want to know where can I get the proper firmware version for my card? Any ideas for it then do let me know about it.

Have you heard of the IONetworkingFamily.kext that is there in the version 10.6.3. you will get everything that you want from that and your wifi will start working normally as earlier with the usage of the IONetworkingFamily.kext. so that’s my suggestion for you. don’t ask me to give a proper link for the version because you will easily be able to find it I the internet and I am quite sure about it. so that’s what I want to say here. hope you did get the necessary information on the same. that’s it from my side for you all.

Ok thanks for the feedback. Well with the one version that you have mentioned i.e. IONetworkingFamily.kext wil it be able to solve the problem if I switch to the higher vbersions? Can you all please let me know about that as well. Surely would let you know if IONetworkingFamily.kext does solves my problem or not. I was expecting some links from you all on the same so that I can get enough knowledge about the same. so that’s what I was hoping for, anyways now it did not happen, no issues!