Thread: Cannot remove Trojan Kryptic.IXJ

Cannot remove Trojan Kryptic.IXJ

Hello, I am getting hackled by this new Trojan that has affected the computer. I get a restart message saying one of the IDE/Sata has not performed. It has disabled my task manager and I cannot even access C:\ folder. NOD 32 identified it as a Trojan, but after restart it again gets detected. Please do tell me what must I do to remove the virus.

Re: Cannot remove Trojan Kryptic.IXJ

Hello, try the following for removing the virus, go to “safe mode with networking” and connect to internet and download the following program called ‘rkill’. Run it to remove all the malicious .exe processes. Run it 2-3 times until all processes are removed. After that search “Install Anti-malware Bytes” and run it. Then do a full scan, you will find two registry keys – (One disable taskmanager & another disable changing wallpaper)

Hey, thanks for replying I followed your steps and deleted the registry keys and run the rkill process. Now I can see my desktop and my wallpaper. But I still cannot see any icons on the desktop. Don’t know why is that happening? I think all the virus has already been removed. So, what must I do to get my desktop back and running like old times.

Hey sorry forgot about that. Yes, you don’t have any virus now but you still have to follow some more steps to get your desktop back again. Use "Run" from start menu & type "regedit" and press Run now go to this path (This path is correct for WinXP only) :
    HKey_Current_User>Software>Microsoft>Windows>CurrentVersion>Policies>
    There are 3 folders you should check for changed values, "ActiveDesktop, Explorer and System". In the explorer folder there is a registry key with the name of “NoDesktop” and turn the value to 1. Now restart, and you get desktop back but you might some files if they were present on the desktop.