Thread: Unable to update APT repository

Unable to update APT repository

Hello friends I’ am trying to update the ATP repository but due to some reason still unable to do that. I am using dell inspiron and I have installed Ubuntu, hence I am unable to do anything after updating to kde4.6 (and maybe Perl) the Slim Server software is not running. Is there anyone with similar problems? Does anyone have any advice or solution? I have not tested buildme.sh. I think it is from the site itself as I am unable to update from the homepage, getting weird errors need help!

Re: Unable to update APT repository

Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable distribution that some required packages have not been created
    or been moved out of Incoming. The following information may help resolve the situation: The following packages have unmet dependencies. squeezebox server: Depends: mysql-server-4.1, but it is not installable or mysql-server-5.0 but it will not be installed E: Broken packages

Slim Server software is created by Slim Devices, Inc. Its common purpose is to join one of its Squeezebox servers well, but is also very good for downloading music or videos to any remote location. It is my understanding that although the GPL source code, parts of it have been judged non-free according to the DFSG. This has caused some of the things that is removed (including the documentation, and skins), at least in relation to the package of the unstable branch of Debian. For these reasons, I installed from source on a Debian Sarge and Debian Etch desktop

This error arose because of a recent change in the Logitech Web server structural design, Earlier versions of apt relying on Packages.gz to trust only (i.e., apt in Debian Lenny) are still working. Recent versions of apt (i.e. Debian apt Ubuntu Squeeze or 10.x) try looking Packages.bz2 first. Unfortunately access to this file is not and responded with a 404 (as expected by the APT), but the content www-Logitech-com (34.1 kB HTML) which is of course confusing apt it is not a bzip2 file valid. Dear people of Logitech, replace the behavior of 404 Debian-SlimDevice-com its former state. [No could after the URL in its normal form, because my post number of 0 does not allow posting links]

To my knowledge, my Slim Server is working fine in KDE4.6. Since it is a demon, I guess it is completely independent of KDE! It appears that you have an running the older version. Have you installed the older version with apt? Apt-cache policy squeezebox server, if not to get update from the net you will find loads of link on the net & apt-get install squeezebox server and it will work fine.

I had exactly the same problem of OT. When I upgraded to 7.5.5, to 7.6.x and the very moment web interface would not work. I had to look around to 7.5.4 and now it's working again. I have a touch, so changes do not bring any improvement for me anyway. You can find the ‘. Deb file’ on Google. I’ am not sure if this method is going to work on your system as you mentioned you have an older version. But do check this method and post back and let us know if it works or not.