Thread: Name of the AVG executable file that is required for the single file scan?

Name of the AVG executable file that is required for the single file scan?

Guys a definite problem which i dont think so you will be having a solution for the same. Still i am asking this with you all. so what i am saying is that does anyone here have any idea of where the hell can i find the name of the executable file that is required for the single file scan? I did try searching a lot in the internet for the solutions but still i was not able to get anything out from there. So that’s why I thought of seeking some help from you all guys about the same and hence do reply accordingly on the same. I am waiting for the necessary suggestion. So do reply on the same. I am waiting for the help guys. Do reply.

Re: Name of the AVG executable file that is required for the single file scan?

I am not getting why do you need the name of that executable file. I am just failing to understand the reason why you need it. so any purpose behind that then do let me know about it. it would be very much interesting to know all about that. So your primary task is to first answer the question that I have asked and then only I can answer out the question of your. So that I can get an idea of what are you actually planning. Do reply quick so that I can get an idea about the same.

Actually the purpose is that when I am trying to scan the Free Download Manager then it asks the path to the executable file for the virus file scan. Hence that’s the reason why I am asking you all about the same. I am using AVG from quite a long time and still I was not knowing about the name of the executable file. So I was hoping that at least you all must be knowing about the same and hence I did ask you about the same. so can you please reply on the same. Please I need an urgent scan of the download manager as I think that there is a huge risk of virus in it.

Ok if you are not getting the name of that executable file then what I will advise you is that change the installation location of the setup file and also check out the name of the file from there only. So that’s what you need to do and hence I think you will get the necessary information from there. Also you can check out the custom scan wherein you can give the location of that particular scanning files and no need to setup the name of the executable file. So hope you did get the necessary information on the same, so that’s what you need to do.

Well I have got a particular information for you. AVG scan executable file is situated in the installation folder having the name avgscana.exe or avgscanx.exe. well the location of the file will be in C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9. So you need to check out that location and you will get the appropriate information there only. So hope that was of much use for you. I think you were looking out for this only. So I think I have answered out all the necessary questions of yours. So that’s it from my side for you all.

What you can do is that by going to the command prompt and typing the /Help parameter you will get a list of all parameters from there and hence you will get all the information from there only. So that’s what you need to do and you will get a list of all parameters that you require while working with the AVG. even I do the same if I am unaware of certain operations and hence I do advise you to do the same as well. So that’s it from my side for you. Hope you did get the necessary information on the same. That’s what I want to say here.