Thread: Controller of LAN 1 Missing

Controller of LAN 1 Missing

I am not able not to connect to the internet and also cannot see the router in the computer. Last night was a terrible lightning storm and it was coincidentally working until yesterday. When the there was switch of the LAN 1 to LAN 2 physically, the router have recognize that the computer and the internet are working fine. When I checked the device manager in the network adapter is showing the Realteck PCIe GRE family Controller Network Adapter #2, but it was not showing the Adapter #1. I have checked the bios which were ok and also downloaded the latest driver also rebooted also, but no change I can see. How to get the LAN #1 controller back, is there any hardware solution to check and get it? Thanking you in advance for any suggestion you people will give.

Re: Controller of LAN 1 Missing

The lightning stroke on the house or it downs the telephone lines also. I have no experience with the testing, but y0u are lucky to have second port to keep you going. But I do not believe in the coincidences which happen, such that having PC problem, getting electrical storm and also do not having the power protection for your system. I can suggest you that to download drivers and copy it to the pendrive. And also download Revo-in-installer something like that and install it. And also check your configuration of your system hardware and reboot your window also. Also install the uninstaller as it’s the deepest setting to break out the driver and also the sub folder applicable, and also reboot if you have to need it. Then install the drivers and reboot the window and see it back. Try this it might work.

Well it is the common problem and when I was working as a computer engineer, I was making changes for many modem and LAN cards after the thunder storm. I think it happen the same in your case also and I think there is nothing to repair your hardware. You were lucky enough that the thunder storm just have damaged your LAN connection only. Of you are having any safeguards for such thunder storm then best thing you can do is that you can unplug the cable from the LAN connection port. This can help you to from damaging the LAN card and your system also.

I want to ask are you using the onboard LAN, if you are using the onboard LAN then did you downloaded the correct driver or not? You just check out the correct driver and download it and install the drivers. If it not found in the computer then it might be turned off from the bios of your system. To enable it, you have to enter into the bios of the system, to enter you have press the DELETE key on your keyboard for some time when you start your windows. When you keep on press the DELETE key continuously then you will enter the bios, in that you will find different bios option. In that you just enable the LAN option. Or the other thing might be that the LAN might have died on the board, so you have a new to replace the functionality.

I think you have installed the LAN drivers on to the system. If you have not install the Driver of the LAN then I think maybe you have not installed the other driver which is the audio and chipset (motherboard) of your system. So better check it out what you have done and what you have not installed. You might forget to install the drivers. Always check whenever you reboot your windows.