Thread: How to connect ipad to BSNL broadband using DNA A211 I modem

How to connect ipad to BSNL broadband using DNA A211 I modem

I have purchased the apple iPad 2 few days back. Right now I am using BSNL broadband with the modem DNA-A211-I to connect my laptop to the internet. Whenever I use this modem with my laptop. And start my laptop I got automatically connected to the internet without doing any settings for it. Just I need to enter the username and password for it and it will connect to the internet. Now I want to connect this modem to my ipad 2. ipad 2 is recognizing my modem and it will connect to modem. But I can’t able to connect to broadband. How can i connect to the internet using this modem Provide me some solution for it.

Re: How to connect ipad to BSNL broadband using DNA A211 I modem

I am also having same issue of connecting ipad 2 to wifi modem of mine; my iPad 2 also can’t connect to internet. I currently use SG834 ADSL2+ modem. When I used few days its working I can able to connect to the internet via this modem it will be detected by my modem also. But now I can’t able to connect. wifi icon shows that it is connected But I can’t browse the internet. I haven’t getting correct DHCP ip address. I have noticed that before I am getting DHCP as 192.186.0.1 and now getting 169.214.26.127.

I have such a problem few days back with my ipad . I can’t able to connect to the internet with my modem. My modem determines the wifi connection. But still I can’t able to connect to the internet. I am also getting ip 169.214. **.*** . So as per the information such an ip address will be get when we don’t get ip address from the DHCP. This ip address will be given by computer itself when no connection or limited connectivity will be found with the network. So I will suggest you that reconfigure the modem again with the ipad. I have tried this and now I am getting able to connect to the internet.try this it will help you.

I noticed that you are getting connected to the router using wifi connection but cant able to connect to the internet. I am also using modem with my ipad to connect the internet with wifi connectivity and I am not facing any problem like this. I think router will solve your issue. Only difference between you and me is that I am using also router in between to connect to the internet and you are trying to connect it using modem itself. Buy a router it will solve your problem of connection.

I have faced such problem with my ipad while connecting to the internet using the modem. It is happening to me due to the wrong configuration setting done with the mode. So when I entered correct settings it works perfectly for me. so to do this setting with your router.
    User the PPPoE mode setting to connect your modem to internet.
    • Change the connection type to PPPoE
    • Change VPI to 0 and VCI to 35
    • Enter correct username
    • Enter correct password.
    Now try to connect it will connect to internet.

You need to do other changes as well in the settings.
    You need to do atm pvc configuration
    This will help you to configure the atm pvc identifier
    • Select the service category UBR Without PCR
    • set VPI to 0
    • ser VCI to 35
    • Enable VLAN Tagging
    • check the Enable Quality of Service
    • set Encapsulation Mode to LLC/SNAP-BRIDGING VC/MUX
    In the Lan setup do this
    • Click on Checkbox the Enable DHCP Server
    • Try to disable the firewall in setting.
    This changes will help to resolve your problem.

Thanks you for providing such valuable information. As you specified in the post I did those changes with my mode. But still I can’t able to connect to the internet through this modem. I have also tried to reconfigure the modem to its default settings but still I can able to connect to internet. Now I also can’t able to connect to internet via wifi with my laptop. To connect to the internet I need to click on the icon of dial up and enter the user name and password after that I am able to connect to the internet.