Thread: Unable to delete Three similiar Infected Files

Unable to delete Three similiar Infected Files

I had installed AVG antivirus on my brand new Dell laptop and every time when I do a scan I get four selected files come up, even after deleting those files they keep on re appearing every time I run a scan. I am all confused as if what to do. I have tried deleting those files using various antivirus products till no result. I have windows7 and I am using internetExplorer8

Re: Unable to delete Three similiar Infected Files

Use the Multi AV scanning tool. Disable Restore cache system. Use the form AVG. Download files from AVG but not run an antivirus scan. Please go through the PDF help file included. Then create a DOS boot disk (or DOS boot disk with NTFS4DOS) and then boot the pc from the DOS boot disk and run the ‘.BAT’ file that includes AVG. That should eliminate any virus's make sure there is nothing left in the recycler. As soon as you have checked thoroughly and deleted all the viruses, re-enable System Restore cache and then create a restore point.

There is a possibility that your registry files have been corrupted by the virus. After corrupting the registry files the virus disables the updates to the antivirus or the firewall. Some viruses even fake the updating process of your firewall. Once the virus takes over your pc, than the rest is history. The virus will take over your computer and allow the developer of this virus to take control of your PC. Hence to avoid this situation you need to format your system and do new installation

You need to format your system using Windows Disk Manager cleaner which comes with Windows. Then update the Java application by downloading the updates. You can just click on the update button on the AVG Update Menu. Restart your computer and scan with Malware scanner and AVG, To check if you’re able to find something during the scan. Free software can be downloaded from Google, lots of free software’s are available on Google you can download them for free and run on your computer to kill the viruses.

You can do an online scan in case if your antivirus is unable to detect the virus, If you have installed Windows 7 or Windows Vista, you need to open your browser by right-clicking on its icon and select the option 'Run as administrator' to perform this scan. It is advisable to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while the built in scan is going on so as to avoid any conflict it will in turn speed up the scanning process. Avoid surfing the net while the scan is going on and the antivirus as the computer becomes more prone to virus attack! Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your antivirus along with your antispyware programs.

It is very important to keep the update. Keep on updating Microsoft do not forget to download the critical updates for Microsoft firewall, Operating System and Internet Explorer. Keeping your OS and browser up to date will help make you less susceptible to attacks by adware’s Trojans and viruses and malwares and also to help prevent possible re-infection. It is good security practice to change your passwords to all your online accounts on a fairly regular basis; this is especially true after an contamination or a virus attack.