Thread: unable to delete Gaelicum.A using AVG

unable to delete Gaelicum.A using AVG

My computer is infected Gaelicum.A. I have AVG as the antivirus on my computer, but this virus I suppose came from the phone of my friend. I don’t even know where the infected file is so as to delete it, but as my friend told me that his handset is infected, so I scanned my computer online. Now I have found multiple viruses on my computer, but I don’t have internet to update my antivirus. And I am tired of pop-ups from AVG and the need to click the Move button again and again because the number of contaminated files is very huge. I downloaded the utility rmgael to cure all infected files from my friends PC. But the next day all the files to become infected again including rmgael, I wonder if there is any way to get rid of all these viruses once and for all?

Re: unable to delete Gaelicum.A using AVG

Follow the below easy steps to cleanse the virus manually. Start your computer in safe mode to close all running processes. Always back up your system before making any changes. Do System Restore whenever necessary. First remove Win32.Gaelicum.A files from: %Temp%\wscsvc32.exe, %Documents and Settings%\ [Username]\Desktop\Protection Center.lnk. Than Open the Registry Editor to delete the following registry entries: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Software \Microsoft \Windows \Current Version \Run Services Once EY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System 'Disable Task Mgr' = '1' HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Paladin Antivirus KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\secfile HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Paladin Antivirus HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malware Defense HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Associations 'Low Risk File Types' = '.exe' . It is possibly for Win32.Gaelicum.A to load by hiding within the system WIN.INI file and the strings "run=" and "load=". So you must check carefully in order to thoroughly remove it from your computer. It is necessary for you t clean the IE temporary files where the original carrier may store. This should do the job

If your computer does not have any software that can manage the security of your computer, then you can use Windows Firewall, which is the default security tool provided by Microsoft. Firewall is the main gateway that controls every single bit of data that goes through your computer system. So if you find a bit infected it immediately warns you about it so you can stop downloading those bits of Data, Win32.Gaelicum.A is a very dangerous virus planned to allow remote access to your computer to occupy much of precious system resources, track your Internet behavior where you register which sites you visit than steal your private information

Virus infection is very common these days people click on the emails, unwanted pop ups, which are infected with these viruses. Make sure the definitions AVG are up to date Please run ATF cleaner in safe mode, after that, do a full system scan with AVG and delete everything it finds Now, boot back into normal mode and do again a scan with a spyware, adware, malware, and check if you still face the same problem.

Win32/Gaelicum.A is a worm infects files and, if AVG finds any infected files that have obviously means that your antivirus is working. But maybe you haven’t updated it, could be the reason it is unable to disinfect those files if all these files have been quarantined or deleted by AVG, and many can be system files, then the best option would be to reformat and reinstall Windows. You need the resources to do this. A Windows CD or recovery discs is needed!

Thank you very much for your help. I don’t have an installation disc for Windows XP Home, but I have a Windows XP Professional CD to my other computer. I can put my hard drive as slave on another computer is a good idea and hope it works. I hope to be able to treat you in the next couple days. I just have one partition but not sure. It is a separate partition when showing the different parts of the drives as separate drives on my computer. Thanks again for all your help