Thread: Static address setup on each network

Static address setup on each network

At this time we have ordered a static account, which is partly where I am confused. Technology in the line said we could use static addresses on all our accounts of the 5 stores. We have 5 that need to be DMZ'd DVR / forwarded port so they can reach the outside world. Personally, I think we need static on all accounts, but maybe someone can clarify this for me. Secondly, I have an Actiontec M1000 modem is a bridge, a bridge to a router ASUS RT-N12, which is conducting my PPPoE authentication at this time. All you need is a static address on each network, and then go to DMZ the local IP address of the DVR system. This will work? Here's another confusing part. When asked static account, I got some things you've never heard of before.
    For instance, they gave me:
    Reserved Network - *.*.230.224
    Reserved Gateway - *.*.230.230
    Reserved Broadcast - *.*.230.231
    then my IPs:
    *.*.230.225
    *.*.230.226
    *.*.230.227
    *.*.230.228
    *.*.230.229

Re: Static address setup on each network

This network address, gateway, and media. "Reserved" probably just means "hey, these IP addresses reserved for you." *.*. 230.224/29 IE is the network address (subnet mask 255.255.255.248) Each network has a broadcast address is always * the highest IP '.*. IP router or gateway 230,231 is *.*. 230.230 that leaves you with five usable addresses.

I guess (the need for static on the accounts of others.) I've never seen static addresses available for multiple locations without a 'deception' as pppoe internet-style "home / SMB. When you say" DMZ is that talking about NAT routing? There are a couple of ways to say "demilitarized zone". If so, the NAT route is likely to go through the gateway address static IP. That means the DVR would have an internal address as 192.168.1.10 but the route you need to connect to ports and *.*. 230,230

ALL ports forwarded to the internal address. You can only DMZ one device at a time. Just basically need all the Internet / router to have its own public address that never changes, and DMZ DVR through the public address so we can access it from our main office. The trouble now is that it is dynamic so it changes every week / 2 weeks and then I have to go to the store to buy the new IP. At that time, you can also just give you a static IP of the public. "DMZ" in most of the cheap routers is very close to saying "everything from here to the NAT internal IP."

I have not misunderstood; I could only use the IP of the gateway and the DMZ of the DVR through that gateway IP? Also, if there is only one gateway IP, does not that mean you require a static block for the accounts of others? This means give a public address static DVR? This is kind of where I am confused too, is enough for me to program the DVR and that's it? I should have to shed some information on the router too, right?

Main reason I mention this is that it was a fad at a point where you can search Google for certain URL strings and take control of all cameras via Internet. In some cases, ignore the login boxes. I did it for the fun of it and ended up fighting for control of an IP camera that was in a lab somewhere for a minute before I got bored.

Some routers, especially the economic (ie, the typical grade ISP) DMZ defined as "everything just to get to the route of IP routers internal IP" whatever. "If you have the public IP than you can only be connected directly to the DVR and connect that way”. However, the" safer "way is to give you an internal IP and the only route the ports you need to work. The 'more secure' way is to connect a VPN box style of research projects in the public and the bridge of the DVR so, but can get complex very quickly.