Thread: How to limit Wifi Users

How to limit Wifi Users

I own a linksys WRT120N wireless N router. Along with this I also have 2 computers, one PS3, one ipod and android device linked to it at dissimilar times. I would like to make out, if there is whichever method I can systematic my computer, cut off access of whichever additional device toward the internet temporarily, all the way through a software. Each and every one of them has the password to router and I don’t want to block them permanently. Is there any software with which I can control the network or wifi or internet access manually and switch it whenever I required?

Re: How to limit Wifi Users

Each router assigns DHCP range of 30 IPs. The rest will be filtered by the firewall on the router itself. If someone tries to use an IP outside the range without be filtered using dhcp. It seems very difficult. Sure I am overlooking something else. As far as I know there is only one option without any software. For this you should open the router control panel and allow MAC Address Filtering and presently take away the MAC Address of an exacting gadget when you would like NO Internet Access intended for that gadget. Penetrate the MAC Address again, and it will be within Network once more

You think you can do with microtik is a Linux-based operating platform that lets users manage networks and set times for users and much more that can serve your purpose is a powerful administrator, you can install on a PC. You can use a routerboard. Both PC and microtik routerboard performance as network administrator is 100% insured powerful and effective. You can control from the traffic, bandwidth, protocols available, time of usage by user, IP's allowed, use more than one ISP.

Limiting bandwidth means that the equipment lets you use up a certain amount of kbps, QOS instead lets you use from a certain amount of kbps, or guarantees a certain bandwidth, independent of traffic in the rest of the network. A typical application is reserving bandwidth for IP telephony, since it is nice to have a short conversation that does screw up your little brother falling debris connection with bit torrent.

Softvision Explorer: comprehensive software for managing a Hotspot (WiFi). Through this program, customers can access the Internet using their laptops, PDAs or phones with wi-fi card, without installing software on their computers. To connect to the hotspot client, after registering with the local manager, you simply open your browser at any page and enter your username and password. After performing the login, the user will be connected to the Internet and you can use any application on your computer that needs an Internet connection.

myWIFIzone Internet Access Blocker: This program will be useful to monitor attempts to access our wireless network itself has utilities such as MAC filtering, IP, as not to create an access log and attempted connection and gives us the possibility control the bandwidth. Another is the AirSnare Software, we can enter the authorized MAC to identify a connection if that is not stored in the list can send a message to the machine is not authorized to tell you that is being monitored, you can send us an email notice, etc. CommView for WiFi, better known as a network sniffer wifi (wireless packet capture) is a software that puts our security over wifi, capable of decrypting WEP and WPA keys, generate statistics and monitoring logs on bandwidth used.