Thread: how can I extend the Wireless network through Ethernet

how can I extend the Wireless network through Ethernet

I have wireless router connection. I am using that from last year. I don’t have any problem with the speed or anything. Actually I purchased a new laptop last week and I want to connect it to internet. I want to use the wireless connection to associate with my network. But I cannot extend the network of that range of web. That’s why I purchased the Cat5 cable to reach the rear of my connection. I want to attach the device to the cable and want to get the connection as long as possible. I required it upto some reasonable distance. I want to know which type of device I need to use like router/switch/hub for that. Can anyone help meout to solve this problem?

Re: how can I extend the Wireless network through Ethernet

I read your description and I come to know that your problem can be solved using some techniques which are available widely. Here I am giving you some advice to solve your problem. You can use the homeplugs to solve your problems. By the use of home plug you can extend your network without any cable. This is the most reliable way. This would eliminate the cable use. For that you have to use standard one plug into the socket. Which has to place near the router and the wireless device has to be on another side. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this can give you some help. Thank you.

After reading your problem I think I can give you some suggestion to solve your problem. Here are some instructions to follow. First try to write down the information from your router. Then you have to connect to your Access point. Then turn off DHCP on the access point. After that assign that access point an SSID and then turn on the encryption. Then you have to assign an IP Address to the access point. After that you have to change the channel. Then connect the access point to your network. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this will worth for you. Thank you.

As per your description I come to know that you can adjust your wireless network range to your expectation by some methods. There are so many solutions are available for you to solve this kind of question. Here I am giving you some of them. You can improve the quality of the range by putting the access point in the central location so that the signal can reach upto its maximum extent. You can also put the access point high up on the wall. Always keep the access point away from the distorting material like concrete, metal blocks etc. always keep distance between electronic devices and the access point. You can also try to change the channel to set your access point range. There is another option to solve this problem you can the stronger antenna this will provide you some help. There are so many devices are available like wireless repeater , Switch to 802.11n wireless equipment and all that. By the use of this you can solve your problem. I think this will give you better help. Hope this will worth for you. Thank you.

I read your description and I come to know that you can solve this difficulty by the use of some regular tips like there are so many equipments available in the market by the use of this you can solve you problem. Here I am giving you some information about Netgear wallplug Bridge XE102. It has two plug in the means the device which can transmit the signal over the mains electricity. Then try to plug and play the setup. By following the wizard you can use the service. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. Thank you.

I also had the same problem that’s why I am giving you here some instructions to follow by which you can solve your problem. At my situation I cut down the cereal box and then I try to covered it in Aluminium Foil and then put it on the side of the router itself. It helps me to improve the range of my network. You can also try it to your system. I hope this will give you some help to solve your problem. I think this is the cheapest way to solve the problem. I hope this will worth for you. Thank you.

I think there are so many devices are available in the market. I can give you some of the products name that can helpful to you to solve your problem. There are devices like homeplugs, SSID, wireless repeater, Switch to 802.11n wireless equipment, Net gear wallplug Bridge XE102. These are the easily available and very efficient products available in the market which can solve your problem. I hope this will help you to solve your problem. Thank you.