Thread: Configuring IP camera and forwarding ports

Configuring IP camera and forwarding ports

I have IP cameras set up in my office for more that a year now and know it’s working but lately I have issue with my network which not getting to internet. I am using all the equipment that required to perform which was working fine and accessible from my android phone. I use blue Iris software . its happen this weekend I was unable to connect to internet on My Device. When I called Netgear technician the said my equipment is working fine and I got problem with Ip conflict on my pc. I also tried factory resetting my router still not working And I have no idea what’s happening

Re: Configuring IP camera and forwarding ports

I think but am not sure you might have turned off DHCP on the router and then assigned the IP after u mat turn it on but I am not sure this may cause any problem, saw this happen to one of my friend . beside I actually not understand what you want to say but I think your problem is separate internal IP addresses with Ports setup on each camera with DHCP disabled you stay with port range . hum if this is the case you need to call the expert to solve this issue if you are unable to solve the issue

First you tell me if you use lease reservation or a static ip that is not in the lease zone from DHCO server and you don’t have DHDP enable on both ends because this may cause the problem that you are saying about the solution is simple what you should do is use lease reservation for everything in this way you can use DHCP this is not a bad practice all you need is active directory in that way you will know strange show up and who visited , don’t use active directory at home you might don’t need that at home

I don’t think that would be a good idea there is always the possibility of hacking use safe password like more that 8 character with caps and numbers cause lease reservation is like static ip and all of your device will be on the same IP if your router can do its own configuration. What you should do is use DHCP for your LAN and assigned camera to it and secondary router static ips that are not within the DHCP range you should make you secondary router transparent and their core IP should static