Thread: VPN that runs on multiple platform

VPN that runs on multiple platform

Hey guys I got question, I am a traveler I recently bought Samsung galaxy tablet now I wan to connect my tablet with my pc at my home I want to access my files likes pictures , music and documents everything that stored in hard drive . My home pc runs on windows 7 which I never shut off . canany one tell is there any free apps for my tablet or any other device I already tried hamachi and it worked fine for me but its works on windows only . Got DD-WRT enabled router , any help it can give . I have basic internet connection of consumer grade with 18 mpbs fron charter . my pc is connected to D- link swith. I don’t know anything about internet but like if someone share it with me

Re: VPN that runs on multiple platform

I also almost faces same kind of problem here is what I did if you have little bit knowledge about BSD the its all easy. you can set up your own cheap OpenBSD box with IPSec VPN and then just use OpenVPN which are pc and Linux based or you can also use Tunnelblick which is OSx base to connect .All of the software required is free and available everywhere but all you gona need is to buy some hardware to make a small OpenBSD server .there are lots of search engine to guide you through process you can rely on it

Hey I have never come across OpenBSD. For first its look like a great deal to me but after little study i had done came to the conclusion that it’s very hard to understand but its not a bad option just invest lot of time to read and understand . I also tried Ubuntu and Linux Mint but have no idea about VPN other that what I have learn while using it at my office . I guess you need to be a bit more networking guru to understand what you want to achieve. I think there is a lot of option available for using remote access.

I have encountered a problem not that big while using VPN along with DD-WRT firmware but its flicker and even annoying I don’t know how but a lot of people had also reported that they are happy being using OpenVPN along with DD-WRT. I guess it may be stable for some version than other all said and done I have now switched to another third party firmware named Tomato USB and very happy with its performance. OpenVPN is easily to configure on it and its dose not flicker I am satisfied with its performance.