Thread: Suggestion for purchasing dual WAN router

Suggestion for purchasing dual WAN router

HI, I am using a small network in which I have two split DSL lines imminent into my residence, each is 1.5Mb. And for that only I was thinking of having a good router for myself but I am speculating about what brand should I prefer and off course which model router I could go with, I have seen some of the model but they doesn't have WIFI. My purpose is to put on additional bandwidth with utilizing router. So I would be glad if someone help me choose any one model that I can prefer. Thanks for any suggestion.

Re: Suggestion for purchasing dual WAN router

You can have Peplink which will Balance multi-WAN routers give you the skill to evidently attach fresh low-cost Internet links like DSL, Cable, 3G Wireless to your presented network. Giving you a extremely dependable, speedy Internet with no use of leased lines. It uses the Advanced Load Balancing Algorithms for Optimizing Network Traffic and with the help of this it will provide you suppleness to modify your network.

You can have another option as to choose from, as you can have Linksys E4200 N router for your network which has 3 x 3 antenna technology for delivering 450Mbps on the 5GHz radio band. Along with this MIMO technology that utilizes the walls of your residence to expand the exposure. But for using the router there are some system requirements that you have to have, such as you need to have Internet Explorer 7 or more, Safari 4 or Firefox 3 or 3+, after that Wi-Fi enabled PC running windows XP SP3 or higher than that. with the router you’ll get the Cisco software that will help you to establish the network connection, you have more specification if you check the respective website of the router.

See when I was searching the same on internet the best models that I have selected was the LINKSYS RV042, XINCOM XC-DPG502, EDIMAX BR-624, D-Link DI-LB604. Now I would not give you the specification of each and every model rather I would like to suggest you that you should go to their respective website and check the Exact specification and the features of the product, and off course as per your convenience you can have any one of them.

As far as Dual WAN is concern I would like to suggest you the XinCom XC-DPG502 model, which would be very exact for your network. I am not using the same but still when I was reading about the model I was really fascinated with it. With the help of this router you can boost your bandwidth with two synchronized broadband connections, not only this but also you can exploit up time for your network. and off course there is no doubt about the security and the reliability.

Thanks for the suggestion guys as I have seen some of the model with their benefits and specification, but now thing that made me confuse is to choose between a wireless router or the wired router, I am assuming as this is also concern able issue while buying any of the model, isn’t it? so guys which one would be better to choose any idea? Is there any problem with the wireless router?

Well they both are good at their own place and we just need to prefer any one of them acceding to our convenience, because first of all they both works very differently, as wired router had certain limitation but would give you better performance than the wireless, whereas wireless router will help you to avoid the wired connection, and more easy to move from one side to another. With the wireless router we have to work within certain area.