Thread: Not able to send scanned documents of km4050 in mail

Not able to send scanned documents of km4050 in mail

km40450 copier/printer, small business 2011 and exchange 2010 setup. client is having problems sending documents thats scanned from the km4050 to internal email accounts. the device use to work perfect in a server 2003 enviroment until the client decided to upgrade. if we setup a saix account, than the machine scans perfect. the machine firmware has been upgraded to the latest, but still no luck with scanning to email. theres absolutely nothing wrong with the machine, the clients it guy doesnt know what to do to solve the problem, and acknowledge that its the network setup but doesnt know where to look. any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Re: Not able to send scanned documents of km4050 in mail

I think that, definitely by reflashing the firmware the problem might disappear. I had this problem many times when the machine came out until I got to a certain level of firmware. You can also try to format hard drive unless there are lots of stuff in adress book. Hope that helps you out or gives some idea about the relevant problem.

thanks for that. Did already flashed the firmware...with the same results. Will try formatting hard drive and see what the outcome is.

Sorry to post in an older topic, but I figure those Google searching this issue might benefit (since that's how I found this).

I fixed this by creating another receive connector on the Exchange 2010 server. I set it to only receive from the IP address of the copy machine, then I set the Permissions Groups to "Exchange Servers" and "Legacy Exchange Servers," and changed the authentication to "Externally Secured." What this does is essentially creates an open relay, but only for messages from the copier.

Hope this helps someone!

thanks for the info...will definitely give it a go