Thread: how can I start my own ISP

how can I start my own ISP

Hello I newly register here,I just want to know that if I want to become as ISP then how can I start my own ISP services ?first what is ISP?what are the basic steps to start my own internet services in my area? Should I need to register my firm and where I did register my firm? if anybody having any information about this, then please tell me the complete solution

Re: how can I start my own ISP

My friend ,actually I am working in one broadband company from two years. So that I just have some knowledge about this .actually first understands what is ISP? ISP is internet service provider. it is company that provide internet access to individual or companies. An ISP has the equipment and the telecommunication line access required to have a point-of-presence on the Internet for the geographic area served. The large ISP has its own leased line so that they don’t have to depend upon other service provider. Actually I don’t know about its rules and regulation you may check on internet.

I think if you are planning to start your own ISP services then first contact departmental communication of i. where you can get all procedure. You can also visit site, there you will get total steps with rules and regulation.ISP is under department of communication it means is has long procedure and one normal person can’t give total or right information so please don’t ask here and there visit proper area .you will get proper solution but yes I am sure that to start ISP services you may be required more money like in corers.

According to me if you want to start the ISP you may first have a company, you have to have a registered company through which you can request for an ISP license.licence fees also in crores.i know some basic rules as follows:
    1. Your company must be securely funding the project.
    2. Need more money for equipment.
    3. Make contract to form internet connection.
    4. Make contract with telephone services .
    5. Installing, configuring, and testing all equipment.
    6. Marketing and managing your ISP.
    I know only this rules but there is more rule and regulation. you must visit the sites of rules of ISP or departmental of communication.

idea Re: how can I start my own ISP

Hi there,

You will need a lot of venture capital to start with! Are you ready for that?
    Kristiaan Martenstyn

Hi

It's a good idea to start your own ISP.. I'm working for an ISP support around 5 years and I know something about ISP. As every one mentioned above there are lots and lots of problem in starting an ISP. Something that am aware of.

1. You need atleast 2 to 3 servers for backup incase any problem with the main server. you need to check the server atleast once in a month and update

2. You need strong marketing people for sales as well as strong customer support people via voice and email, else cutomers will automatically move to some other ISP if there's no support

3. Initially you can't provide service for huge amount and probably you're in need to spend some bugs more than estimated in order to compensate other charges

4. You need a separate leased line, else you can bargain that from other well known ISP until your service going good. But, it's better to have a own leased line.

5. You need a good and huge space for office and 24 hours technical support as well as 24 hours server support technicians incase if the problem persist during nights.

6. Upon all you need to have lots and lots of money to spend for atleast 1 yr min to get your ISP well versed.

something upon my knowledge...