Thread: Unable to access internet using Huawei MT841 modem

Unable to access internet using Huawei MT841 modem

Well I am using Acer A0522 pc. I have got a BSNL home combo plan of 2mbps. I am using Huawei MT841 modem. This was provided to me by the BSNL only. My problem is that whenever I start downloading some files from torrents it works fine for some time but later say after an hour or 2 it gets stop. The yellow light gets stuck and the modem gets hanged. At that time I am not able to access the internet. What do I do? I have to restart my modem always. I am tired of doing it. Kindly help. How can I solve this issue?

Re: Unable to access internet using Huawei MT841 modem

Go the browser i.e. Open internet explorer and enter the Huawei website URL in the address bar. The website will get opened. There enter password and user id as admin in both the fields. Go to basic>>connections there you will find PVCO . Try deleting it. Then click on the apply button and save. Then click on the new option again provide inputs then save all. Click ok>>click DHCP>>SELECT DHCP server and then click apply. Hope this will help.

Make sure that your modem is fine. It could be some hardware failure. Get it checked by the people who had provided you. Ask the BSNL people to rectify the connection problems. As I see there must be a problem with the modem only. If the light gets stuck after sometime then it is possible that there is some connection problem. Hope this helps. Remove all the connections and try to restart it back. Restart the pc as well as the modem.

It could be possible that the problem is with your modem. You can try to find out. For this Go to the Start menu, Settings, Control Panel, and click on Modems Then in the Modems Properties window, click on the Diagnostics tab present at the top of the window. Select modems port and click on the more info box and a same window will pop up. This will automatically determine whether your modem is having problems or no.

If there are any problems with the modem, the Device status window will list them. Most problems are driver problems and can be corrected by reloading the modem driver. This driver will be on either the CD or floppy disk that came with the modem. Try to follow the instructions in your modem manual and reload the modem driver. Reload the drivers and test the modem by performing same actions. Hope this helps.

Hope the virus has not affected your system. Hope you have an antivirus installed. If not then download any antivirus and install it on your pc. Run and scan for any viruses. If you find any virus then block it or try removing it. Check your firewall settings. Whether certain things are blocked or not. Always keep the antivirus running at the back end. Sometimes spyware or viruses can create problems with the connection. If you cannot remove the virus then try formatting your system.