Thread: Updating Antivirus fails on Linux

Updating Antivirus fails on Linux

Hello I am facing problem with my system. I have 7” Asus Eee PC product version 3.0.10. I have installed Antivirus software on it few days back. I have download latest update for it and when I try to update antivirus software its says done. But when I go to view after updating I am getting message "authorization failed". Why such a problem is happening. Can anyone have solution to resolve this problem?

re: Updating Antivirus fails on Linux

You are using Linux operating system on Asus Eee pc. Linux is quiet secure operating system. It treats each command as separate folder. So virus will not affect any of the files available in the system. It doesn’t need any antivirus program to be installed in operating system to protect resources and content stored. Still you installed the software then it’s ok. The product version you specified is old. Which is not supported anymore.

You don’t need to worry about Linux. Since there are not more threats available to infect Linux operating system. But still we cannot guarantee that the system will not infect by virus or any other threat. It can happen that some download content can have any threat. So main aim of ours is to keep system free of infections. Windows systems are always targeted by virus makers so if your system is linked to windows then there may be chance of infection. So keep yourself secure.

There was always debate goes on many forums and sites do we need antivirus software for Linux. First you must know that both operating system works in different manner. Antivirus software in windows and antivirus software in Linux has much more difference. Linux antivirus products are not made to protect Desktop system from Linux virus. This software is designed to protect system from windows virus. So if any infection is there it will stop them to spread over system trough Linux user. Mostly antivirus software on Linux will protect Mail clients.