Thread: Hanging with Core Switch

Hanging with Core Switch

Right now I am using core Switch 4500 series, toward which within the first module servers are linked and within the next module 2960 , 3750 series Switches are linked. However the trouble is that the operation of Core switch is extremely lofty and the core finds hanged. The set upof the scenario is VTP domain i.e. core is Server and the respite are Clients. Can anyone suggest me some solution.

Re: Hanging with Core Switch

Just as it sounds you have probably simply forgotten to set the switches themselves, a default gateway. Missing the VLAN interface addresses which you can ONLY still ping from the same VLAN from other VLANs, and of course not. So what you're describing is then a ping VLAN3 of this interface from VLAN 1 and VLAN 2 is not possible since they lack the gateway.

Generally, it is questionable to use as a core switch stack version, since the bottleneck is always the link of the stack usually with a significant reduction in the working range than the actual backplane speed of the individual switches. Right way up so you distribute your aggregated ports for redundancy on different switches in the stack. But this is fatal because the stack link between. Last but certainly works for this is suboptimal.

Whether this is a single fixed-configured device or a chassis is technically plays no role. Similarly, the question of which management card is in there, that on a Layer 2 network is completely irrelevant. Your wallet can decide here, then, because that can also solve all other problems as noted above manufacturers. For redundancy reasons, you should for the core if this is possibly a single redundant management card and provide a redundant power supply.

I still suspect a faulty cable. Cat 5e cable and requires a 4-working pair. If you put the hub between 10/100 and you also have only two working pairs needed. Do you have a breach of any of the other pairs you have it in me to 10/100, but no problems with it at Gigabit. The Cisco Catalyst switches are all but may also act to level 3 and acting as routers. Not all switches catalyst current level 3, level 2 and are to perform functions of the switches.