Thread: How to configure Linksys Router with BSNL Modem

How to configure Linksys Router with BSNL Modem

I just purchase Linksys WRT54GC router and I want to configure it with my BSNL Broadband modem/router SmartAX MT882 (from Hua Wei). I have a BSNL broadband connection in my home. BSNL has provided me a white colour ADSL modem. Can anyone help me out how to establish this connection. How do I configure the Linksys router to work with the Siemesns modem to create a home network? Thanks for any help.

Re: How to configure Linksys Router with BSNL Modem

You can set the Direct connection setup in which the router automatically connects to Net. For this connection you need to enable the Dial on Demand feature in Router. Then this will be help to connects it only when required. It also set the idle disconnect time to say 5min. then use this dial up connection and it really help to solve the problem. This is the best that help to connect router to the system.

First you need to access WRT54G settings by typing 198.168.1.1 in internet explorer. Then select PPPOE in the Internet connection Type Setup page. Insert User ID and Password onto that. In the Network setup put the IP address and subnet musk. This will be help to establish the connection using the IP address. Then enable the DHCP server and insert starting IP address on it. Finally Click Save Setings option. This will establish the connection.

There is also the other way that will be help to do this connection. In this technique, first disconnect the D-Link modem from the Linksys router. Then you need to configure the Linksys Router change its IP address to something like 192.168.2.1. this IP address will be help to solve this connectivity problem. This is the best and it really works to solve the problem. After doing this configure Linksys router task, just reconnect it back to D-link modem. It solve connection problem.

I think you need to try to reset the router IP to 192.168.2.1. there is simple technique present that will be help to reset the router. This is to be just unplug the power cable and then connect it again. After doing this resetting, you need to open the setup page at all. It could be possible that the router will be help to solve the problem. Then do this router reset task. This is good and it really work most of the time.

Hey, I don't in fact think you can do that. I had a faced the similar kind of problem. Then I also use the same solution to solve this problem. It doesn’t work to solve the problem. Then I decided to just do the reconnection task on the system. Then I do the router reconnection task with the system. The service dealer of the BSNL will also help me to do this task. This is the best way I can do to solve the connection.