Thread: Unable to work with both similar setup DHCP server

Unable to work with both similar setup DHCP server

I comprise two servers; single server is running 2003 and another one is running a server 2008. The server 2003 is running as the DHCP server currently is working very well. Nevertheless, at what time using the exact similar credentials to configure a DHCP server resting on Server 2008 machine does not employ. I turned off the machine 2003 so that only the server 2008 is connected to my network, the role of both the DHCP servers are configured identically for all computers on the network "should" simply start looking at server 2008 but unfortunately that is not happening.

re: Unable to work with both similar setup DHCP server

Server 2008 has a lot extra robust firewall that construct 2003. If the fundamental network connectivity workings, at that moment I would start there. Or else I'm not confident, My DHCP running on top of my router. To be seen of the console has a red symbol adjacent to "IPv4" and "IPv6"? Right click on top of the domain name and choose "authorize" if obtainable. I hope this information will help you top clear your doubt.

Hello thank you for your quick response on my query. According to your suggestion I don’t think so to come across at the firewall. That wasn’t the problem I’m frightened. This problem is extremely strange I comprise to articulate does server 2008 have whatever thing dissimilar commencing 2003 server that possibly will be affecting this. This is what I am thinking regarding to this query. If you have any other solutions then please share it with me.

I have no thought, however if I faced this, I would start by means of Wireshark and perceive what packets are sent and established within 2003 and which are not, and then compared to 2008. That's very low level and some work, but must give a clear advantage where to look. In their setup, however has ensured that the DHCP server is authorized in reality? So please check all these settings. And then check it again. If you still confused then go through the tutorial of DHCP server setup.

Talking to the server no NPS server could be the problem. We had a problem that some systems get directions and not others. IIRC the issue was that the systems were failing to get the addresses and DHCP NPS exploration not giving directions if the test failed. Our system administrators had to change the range to build it work fine, however do not know accurately what they did. On the DHCP server, there is a tab with IPv4 for the Protection of network access. Be sure to disable, either in all areas, or set the option in the unattainable for full access.

I try to find about your query on internet. And I found some interesting tutorial and guides for your query. Just go through all these guides and see if you are getting solution for your query or not. In these entire guides they specified how to setup and configure 2 DHCP servers and how to run them at the similar time. So you have to follow all that instruction and according to that perform it with your setup. And let’s see its working or not.