Thread: Bringing two WAN IP addresses by using Cisco box

Bringing two WAN IP addresses by using Cisco box

I am working in the IT office where we have T1 connection with several IP addresses which are used by our company’s employers. I know that the internet comes in and it is hooked up to a Cisco IAD2400. Then the internet access is provided through an Ethernet cable from that Cisco box. And that Ethernet cable connection goes to a basic router/switch combo. That cannot do vlans or anything else for this situation. My question is that can I send one IP address port 80 to one internal server and other one to the other internal server. Can I use static routes to accomplish this one or I need a switch that can do vlan. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Bringing two WAN IP addresses by using Cisco box

I think you got the exact problem to solve. As you mentioned you want to bring in two WAN IP address right. So I think that you have all the equipment which are require to perform this operation. And your next question to use Static routes for performing this operation right so the answer is yes. That is you can use Static routes to accomplish this task. I hope I solve your problem. Though you have any problem then you can share that one.

As you told that you have a Cisco box, Ethernet cable, T1 connection, basic router/switch. So you have enough equipments to perform the operation which you want to perform. Therefore there no need to any other equipment like switch to do vlans and all that. By the use your equipments you can send IP address port 80 to one internal server and other one to the other internal server. I hope this might help you.

For performing the operation you want to do, you should know these things. The static router (we consider the wpn824v3 router) consists of destination IP address field, an IP subnet mask, a gateway IP address and a metric value. Can anyone give me some suggestion for the problem? My problem is what kind of setting I would prefer to use if I have two internal web servers. That means what IP addresses or anything else can I prefer to use?

According to your configuration I think static routes may or may not have anything to do with these kind of situation. I will give you a suggestion to prefer a static NAT. you can see there something like IP Nat inside source static tcp 10.1.1.1 80 192.168.1.1 80. If you want a syntax then you can use an ISO help for that if you need. I hope that this will make you more comfortable.