Thread: What is ping sweep regarding the routers?

What is ping sweep regarding the routers?

Hey I am not very much aware about the networking and its terms, but still when I was surfing the internet yesterday I came to know about the term ping sweep, so I tried to read the articles that they have mentioned but didn’t understand what is it, the only thing that I got is like it is like a utility, I might be wrong. So I want to know about that only, what is it actually, and suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: What is ping sweep regarding the routers?

A ping sweep is a method that can set up a range of IP addresses which map to live hosts. And for doing this activity we need to use any of the tool, and the classic tool used for ping sweeps is fping. So if you are looking for doing that you can simply make use of this software, though there are too many other software’s that you can use, so I won’t recommend you the same rather you can glance at all he software used for pinging and then use the one as per your convenience.

I also uses the same software as mentioned by the above user, thus recommend you the same, because it is like software which uses the Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) echo request to decide if a host is up. fping is dissimilar from ping as in this you can indicate several number of hosts on the command line, or indicate a file holding the record of hosts to ping. as an alternative of trying one host until it timeouts or replies, it will send out a ping packet and move to the next host in a round-robin fashion. If any replies came from the host, they are first of all recognized and the detached from the list of hosts to verify. And off course there is a certain time limit in which the host has to reply otherwise it would be consider as inaccessible.

I have used this Fping as well and scanport also, though the Fping is better but you can make use of another software as well, because from that you will learn about this pinging, and then you can easily use the Fping. You need to search very hardly as the software I have mentioned is totally removed and being out of business.

Hey thanks for the replies guys, but after your recommendation I was downloading the software that you have mentioned but, this is the paid one, or we can get the trial version as well? or it is worthy to buy this software, please let me know, and off course together with this please let me know if there are some free tools as well. because I have already mentioned that I don’t know anything about this. Thanks for the further recommendation.

Yeah this is a paid software but I think if you search the internet wholesome you’ll get the trial copy as well, because they must have given any such copy for sure, otherwise how people can understand the working and determine the performance of the software. Ping Scan utility of OpUtils software sweeps a whole variety of IP Address to ensure their accessibility. The software uses the basic PING function as a bottom to carry out the sweep.

There are too many software that you can download for the same purpose, in fact FPing is also download-able with free of cost. And as mentioned by the above user you should try the port scanner as well, because this is very traditional software for pinging. By that tool you can promptly scrutinize port position athwart a single IP address or a variety of addresses from a distinct location.