Thread: How to remove Facebook malware

How to remove Facebook malware

Hello I am using the windows XP operating system. Everything on the system is working fine but I am having tiny issues with virus problem. Whenever I open Facebook in a browser it takes me to lot of Fake antivirus program and prompt me for installation. I am unable to find out fixes for the same. I found that there is some kind of AD called rubiconproject.com. It just open automatically and this only occur when I am trying to access Facebook. Want help to fix it.

First of all I will suggest you to start the browser in safe mode. In safe mode a lot of addons are turned off. And you can simply run the same without much issues. Firefox safe mode can be accessed through a second icon which is in the start menu. If this issue get fixed then you have to go in the addon section and you will have to one by one remove all the addons and check back.

This kind of virus are very annoying and there is no easy way to get rid of them. You can try removing the browser first. Uninstall that and then install a new version. But this time do not just keep on loading new addons. Most of this virus and malware are spread when you add new addons. If nothing helps then the last option is to format your pc and install everything back again from scratch. Which might help and fix the problem.