Thread: How to sync folders on two different computers connected on same router?

How to sync folders on two different computers connected on same router?

Ok friends I have a computer I mean a desktop and a laptop and both have been connected together with a same router and now what I want to do is, I simply want to create a connection between this computer so that they can sync all the folders and if I am doing any change on one document files then the other should show the same changes to? So can anyone over here help me out with this can I get a good discussion over it, which would help me in getting my problem done?

Re: How to sync folders on two different computers connected on same router?

There are certain steps which can be followed in to get this done as I have made it possible so its like, On the first computer, Download the Folder share software on your computer get it installed on your pc. Now you got to create the ID over it and if you don’t have one from beginning, you simply would require feeling your email id and passwords. You also have to assign a computer name to that Foldershare that name would be used by that software later on. Try to use a good a unique descriptive, such as MY PC or any name which you would like to give. Now if you are using firewall of windows or any of your OS then you would be prompted if you want to allow this network or no or this synchronization or no you just have to allow it. Repeat the same thing on the other computer. when you are done with all this simply click on the icon which is created of that flodershare and then go to the option of "Create a personal library" link, now you got to choose custom folder and the path or just use the folder of my document and my picture or any just create the new library and the foldershare will prompt you that you have to sync it to another computer or no that you have to accept it. On other computer press Sync Library Here, and then select which network to use Automatic or On-Demand. And then it’s done.

Now there are two ways to do this one would be buy downloading GeloSoft's Synchromagic Home or the pro version and then following certain steps in it and the other one is by simple DOS command now in this part what you have to do is first just do a right click on the blank space over your pc or even in the windows explorer’s right pane would do and then just select New. Now it that text box which is on the first pageof that short cut wizard, now you got to enter xcopy " import folder name\*.*" x:\transfer /d /y /s, Now over here the import folder would be taken as the location which would be including the drive and the folder name you want to sync with the other system, and this x would be the name of the other system. Ok so now if you want to share "C:\My Documents" via your E: drive, enter xcopy "C:\My Documents\*.*" e:\transfer /d /y /s. you just need to be aware of certain stuffs that would be quotation marks and also the back slashes and the space now just click next and then name the shortcut as export and then again click to next or finish. Now creating the second shortcut would be really very easy just by copy pasting the first one and then For instance, change the example above to xcopy e:\transfer "C:\My Documents\*.*" /d /y /s. Click OK and rename the shortcut as the import. Put in a disk drive and click Export shortcut. When you get home, boot the other computer, put the disk in the drive, and click Import shortcut. To reverse the process, machine, transfer files to your work from your home machine.

Hey just download the Foldershare software on both the computers and then follow out the simple example as the above poster have said. I would just like to tell you some part of the logic how it would actually working, Foldershare would be running on your background and then it would be automatically syncing the files across both the computers you have been working on and if the computer is offline then the documents will be synched the next time you would be connect it to the web. There are some other software which would work in the same manner they are purplenova and dekoh you can try them to.

Friend I have different software to tell you about with which I have been working on and it is known as SyncBackSE. And I would like to tell you about this software, this is an very powerful and a very nice tool for this process it would be really easy to use and would be guiding you towards the complete path well it doesn’t have extra safeguard of of AJC Sync. SyncBackSE and the Pro edition of AJC Sync support File Transfer Protocol (FTP) allowing you to back up to remote, off-site servers this would be working really nicely with you I am sure with it try this one out.

Hello I have a simple solution for this by using a Windows Live Mesh. You sign up for a windows live account if you already have a hotmail account, that counts, and then you install the client on each computer. You select folders, up to 5GB's worth, and they are synced to your live account. On the other computer, now just select the Folder that you have to sync on the HD and the folder that have been on the live account. This is not much confusing but this means I can have two same folders on different machines, and even have the same content for some instant, if I have the folders 'FOLDER1' and 'FOLDER 2' on my desktop and 'FOLDER 2' and 'FOLDER 1' on the laptop, the desktop's 'FOLDER 1' folder can contain the 'FOLDER 2' from the laptop, and vise versa.

Hey my dear friend I have some suggestion for you lets check this out first install synctoy and when you are done installing SyncToy it automatically installs Microsoft Sync Framework 2.0 Core Components, which is used to or can say helps in the synchronization platform that enables offline access to applications, services and devices. While you are launching it for the first time you got to choice the option to participate in the Customer Experience Improvement Program. This belongs to user with what he has to deal with as per his requirement. Now When you start to use this SyncToy, you would have to create a new folder which would be paired to sync your data. You would be also choosing a pair of folders on that machine itself, external drives, or over a network. Now you got to browse each of the folders to the location you want to keep synced. Now in the next step there are three optioin and you got to choose according to them one is Synchronize, other is echo and next one is Contribute use them according to your requirement.Now click finish and then run and just see if everything is working fine if it is then you would be getting a screen saying successfully done.