Thread: How to remove searchqu toolbar

How to remove searchqu toolbar

I had given my brother to use my pc for sometime. He installed many games in it. I think he had accidentally installed malware in my pc. On Firefox I can see a weird searchqu toolbar. I tried to remove it, but it is not working. The browser is also working really slow. I had important bookmarks in it. I tried exporting them, but the browser freezes. I want some help to remove this searchqu toolbar. I cannot even remove the browser as I will loose everything.

Re: How to remove searchqu toolbar

You can try scanning you system with a good anti-malware. That is the only thing I can recommend you. Once you add those infected toolbar you will keep on facing new issue. It is possible that it can download more malware and infect your system more causing a complete system breakdown. You can try Malwarebytes Anti-Malware in your system. Just install this in your pc and scan it under safe mode. This might clean your system.

The toolbar which you had mentioned is a virus. It is not easy to manually remove that. This thing is complicated. Because here the virus can be in many things. You can try removing the addon first. You have to boot your system in safe mode first. Then start the firefox and remove the plugins. You can also uninstall the firefox and there are chances that this toolbar will be disabled. Upon re-installation do not import any old settings.

I told you before I cannot remove it, I have lots of important bookmark in that. And the browser is very slow. I want to export those first and then only I can go ahead with removal. It is hard for me to find all those url back. Is there a tool available through which I can backup the bookmarks. If yes then how to use it. After that I will straight away remove the entire web browser. I am also ready to format my pc.

For taking the backup of your existing bookmarks, you can try Mozbackup. This is a amazing third party software through which you can backup all your bookmarks. And you can export them. Later on you can import them in any other browser like Internet Explorer or Opera. Just install this. Once you get the backup you can go ahead with removing the firefox. If that does not work then you can take extreme step of formatting your pc.