Thread: How to determine our PC is infected through virus ?

How to determine our PC is infected through virus ?

Hi, I have dell laptop, and it was running to properly but from last week I have noticed that the machine is not running the way it was previously. Let me tell you first of all that I am not a computer savvy, so I don’t know exactly what are the symptoms or the causes if the machine is infected through the viruses, so I would like to know that’s whether my machine is infected or not, because the only thing I know is that the machine is working very slowly, and most importantly, if suppose I have to choose any of the virus removal what would be the best option. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: How to determine our PC is infected through virus ?

There might be too many symptoms through which you can get that the machine is infected through the viruses, and as you have mentioned that the machine is running slow that means that you have virus in the machines. And you should always make sure that there is no virus in the machine, according to me you should first of all get the antivirus software for your PC to clean it before they harm the files in the PC.

See if you are looking to have a antivirus software, then let me tell you that there are certain types of viruses and according to that you need choose any of the software for yourself. And as you have mentioned that the PC is just running slow, it seems that the virus is not spread and not injurious, so you can select any of the tools as AVG, NOD32, and off course you’ll get many more as you search the internet.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as you should choose the antivirus according to the virus symptoms, and I want to ask you that do you use internet often, if yes then you should always choose the antivirus which not only clean the virus from the local hard drive but as well as prevent the machine from affecting through the virus which spreads from the internet. So for that if you have the same situation I would suggest you to have NIS that’s Norton internet security for your machine.

When there was virus in my machine I was having too many troubles functioning the machine the way I expected. So there were too many symptoms as the PC was first of all running too slow after that some of the programs stated getting error while we run them, so even after reinstalling them they were giving the same error, after that all the files were duplicating itself after clicking them, so I would recommend you that if you have doubts on some of the programs that they are infected through the virus then avoid using them as they will continuously started doing theses as I mentioned.

You should always have a antivirus software, and using that always make a scan as you insert any device with the machine, and according to the software you’ll get different options as full PC scan or the custom scan, through that you can check a particular a folder as well, so as the above user mentioned you can check all the software and according to the convenience you can use them.

Are you having any causes as the files are not opening, or giving unexpected error while exciting them, after that duplicity of the existing folders, and most importantly, when I was clicking the drive a window was papering with the open with message, and unfortunately I have to choose any of the program rather I have to explore the windows.