Thread: Highly infected with tdss.e!rootkit

Highly infected with tdss.e!rootkit

Well from past days I was facing few problems where my pc started doing wired things. I’m having windows xp and when I run the antivirus it scan an tdss.e!rootkit virus. I was using Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware and it detect the problem and move to quarantine or delete the virus but when ever I’m restarting the system and tried to run antivirus but won't able to run it.

Re: Highly infected with tdss.e!rootkit

You can do this by downloading otl in your desktop and then double click on the icon and then run the program. But before that make sure that you had closed all the programs so that they won’t uninterrupted and then you will see the windows and under that you will see the output at the top changes to the minimal output and then just check the box beside the lop and then make a purity check and then make a custom scan and make sure you don’t change any setting.

Just download the rootkit unhooker and save it in your system and then install it by clicking on RKUnhookerLE.exe and then run it and after that just click on scan and then check the Drivers and Stealth and then uncheck the remaining and then click on ok and when the prompt appear just select the disk you want to scan. If it doesn’t work then power on your system in safe mode and then try to run that application.

Download t he combofix from the net and then save the combofix.exe to your desktop and then disable the antivirus and your anispyware program and all the remaining program which is running and make sure that you enable it after scanning the system with that. After installing the combofic.exe and then follow the screen instruction and it will check the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console and if it is not there then it is highly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal.

Download the combofix from the net if your Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed then the ComboFix will going to continue with its malware removal procedures and if its not present then Microsoft Windows Recovery Console will installed by using the ComboFix and after that you will get a message and then click on yes and then continue scanning for malware and if there is no internet connection when Combofix has completely finished then you must restart your system and then connection will get restored.

Well even I’m having the same problem and when I was running the combofix and it was not running properly but I got a blue dos screen but I was not able to see the log even it was running for about one hour and later another box appear which started running the driver VOLSNAP.SYS which has being been patched with the rootkit and when Attempting to disinfection it take too long and then I hit which doesn’t produced any log files.

Well I think combofix will going to take hardly 15minutes but if the system is highly infected then it will going to take too long time. while first you must clean a temporary file and then download the attributes ATF cleaner and then save it on your desktop and then double click on the exe file and under the main select the files and delete it after clicking on select all option. And if the problem still persists then you must delete the partition and then reinstall everything all over again.