Thread: USB disinfector tool been infected by virus

USB disinfector tool been infected by virus

Recently I just had an virus attack on my friend on my friends computer from whom I had taken some video and movies in a flash drive, but there seems to be some tracing of virus activity in my pc so I just pulled pout the pen –drive from my laptop, before the infection could spread any further, there were also many things that bothered me after that as I cannot format my pen-drive after the re-boot the system, Through this was the fault from the pen –drive side. Any help?

Re: USB disinfector tool been infected by virus

How can you be so sure that the fault was from the pen-drive side as the fault can as be from you side as a earlier said that you injected the infected virus in your laptop so I think fraction of seconds are enough for any virus to get transferred to file, so that might have infected the files that are present in your system and the in turn may not be allowing you to format the flash drive , Could be . I am only guessing.

The reason that I am so sure about this is the I just tried my brother pen-drive in my laptop and it was easily formatted without any lags or error s , where as mine was not been able to format , I would further like to bring you to notice that my friend had also given me a Usb disinfector in the same flash drive so I am now just trying to reconnect my pen-drive to my laptop so that I could first download the usb disinfector and then clean the usb . but after while I started to scan my pc there was a virus notification that I got with the pen –drive and it was very shocking to know that it was the same Usbdisinfector that I was trying to download .

Well that could be a false positive as there are many anti-virus who are not properly programmed like the avira one, and they keep on giving you false positive updates when we connect any external drive to it , but I think that it would quite be on the safer side if you can find if your friend id using the same version of usbdisinfector that you are using , IF he using it then I think this is surely an disinfector .

This can also be true if you think practically, like the friend from whom you took the this file was having an infected computer while your system was not infected by it , but since you took that from an infected pc your pen-drive got infected and to save that from the from a further mess the anti-virus that you are using gave you an notification so that your system can be saved for what just happened to you . I hope you do think on this one .

Yes that could be pretty ne possible as there are many virus programs that do have the capability to attach itself to a useful program that you are using so that they could get a easy access to the system as the user might think that it is a legitimate program and then would download that to the system and once they are in they can then start to work on their motive , I think it would be better for to format your pen –drive through command prompt and then again try to download the same directly from the internet.

You guys just saved me from the virus that were about to infected my system through the infected pen-drive that was there , after reading all your suggestion and comment s I concluded that the pen-drive was already infected so it was a better idea for me to remove that virus from the pen by downloading the same usb disinfector for the internet and then use that with this one that is present here . thank again for the expert tip .