Thread: Linksys E4200 is not showing up with correct name

Linksys E4200 is not showing up with correct name

I have bought new Linksys E4200 router and after that I have setup network connection and al the connections established properly. Now after that I have noticed one problem with my Linksys E4200 router. Now I have renamed my network device and after that when I try to show network in my windows at that time it is showing me the Linksys E4200 name again. I don’t know what is wrong with it. Please help me out with this.

Re: Linksys E4200 is not showing up with correct name

As far as I know I would like to tell you that you should try your Linksys E4200 problem by disconnecting your Linksys E4200 router completely from your laptop and after that you have to connect it back with your laptop and then rename your network device again and after that check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after doing this you will not get any problem with your Linksys E4200.

If you are not able to solve this problem by disconnecting your Linksys E4200 router from your laptop and after that connecting Linksys E4200 router back with your laptop then I think there might be something wrong the drivers. I think you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the router drivers in your laptop and after that you will not get any issue with your network device name. Try this solution and then let me know whether your problem solved or not.

First I will suggest you to connect your Linksys E4200 router with any other computer or laptop and after that check whether you are able to change the device name or not. If you are not able to change the device name in other laptop also then I think there might be something wrong with your Linksys E4200 router and if you are able to change the router name with other computer then I think you need to reinstall the router driver from your router CD. You can also try to solve this issue by downloading the updated driver from internet and after installing those drivers in your laptop.

Well if none of the above tricks helped you to solve your Linksys E4200 router problem then I think you should try to solve this issue by resetting your Linksys E4200 router. If you want to reset your Linksys E4200 router then you have to first disconnect you all device from your router and after that you have to press the reset button for minimum 30 seconds. You will find the reset button at the back of your router. Now after resetting the router you have to connect your devices with router again.

With my router and laptop I have tried all possible setting and after that also I was facing the same issue again and again. Now after that I have also checked my Linksys E4200 router with other laptop and at that time it worked properly. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the driver in my laptop but I am still having the same problem. Now please tell how to fix this issue.

If you are able to use your Linksys E4200 router with other laptop and computers properly then there might be problem with your operating system and that is why I will suggest you to insert the operating system CD in your CD Rom and after that you have to restart your system and then you have to repair your operating system. Now after repairing your operating system you will be able to use your Linksys E4200 properly and it will show the network name properly also.