Thread: ASUS RT-N16 wireless router slower the internet speed after sometime

ASUS RT-N16 wireless router slower the internet speed after sometime

Hi, for connecting the internet through my PC I use to use the ASUS RT-N16 wireless router and I have encountered a problem in the internet connection speed. As after connecting the internet, the speed gets too slower after a while. But It was working perfectly before, I am not getting why this is happening, I have checked all the connection settings that I have made before connecting to the internet, and it was perfectly alright. Any suggestion would be appreciated really.

Re: ASUS RT-N16 wireless router slower the internet speed after sometime

Yeah this is the basic problems regarding this wireless routers, have you use other firmware for using the internet? Because I have seen people that uses different firmware and this happens after some times, so if you also have also done the same thing then I would like to recommend you that you need to use ASUS firmware only as I think you can make use of 9.9.3.7 this version, because this one is quite better than the previous one.

Slowing down the internet connection may rely on too many thing, and this might be possible that it Is not because of the router only, though this router has problem, but let me tell you that this is not because of the router, you need to take care of the system also, as threats in the machine also make the system works slow, including the browsers also, so as they get slower obviously the internet would works slow for sure, so make sure that you have a clean registry, no unwanted rather unnecessary software installed in your machine.

I have the same opinion as the above user as you should always make sure that your system is in well condition in order to work better with it. But I would like to recommend you that you can simply reset all the settings that you have made before, because it might be possible that the settings couldn’t made perfectly, but before that, detach the router and reattach it again to the machine and then make changes in the settings, you can refer the manual too for recommended settings.

Hey thanks for the suggestion as I have done this but didn’t get much difference in the speed though it was absolutely helpful, as I am getting better speed then the previous one, but still I have heard that the Oleg’s Firmware works too good with the ASUS RT-N16 router, so I am planning to have that one for my router, but I am not very much sure how to install it, can anyone have any idea?

I would like to tell you about this, as The Asus Firmware reinstatement software won’t install Oleg’s firmware for that you require to flash the router via the Web Interface, follow the below steps for Web Interface :

1 - Under IP Config, ensure and change as necessary all your settings and make all the necessary changes regarding the IP till the password, and as soon as you do this you need to save the settings.

2- after that you need to reboot the router, and then you can install the update In the router, and be patient as this will take approximately 20 minutes. And off course before doing all this thing download the firmware first.

3 - Save Flashfs beneath System Setup and restore the router to its default setting, after doing this Click on Service , and then click on Finish, and then Restart it. Click on System Setup and there you’ll find the option for Firmware Upgrade. You can reset your password too while doing these.