Thread: How to setup asus usb-n13 wireless adapter in Linux Mint

How to setup asus usb-n13 wireless adapter in Linux Mint

Hello I had bought a new computer which is having a Linux mint installed in it and also having a wireless adapter which is off asus usb adapter for using home internet. I am having a dual boot with a Linux mint and windows 7. I had installed it with the window but I don’t know how to do this with the Linux operating system. I had even seen the wizard for it but I dint get it to how to make it work with the Linux. Please help0 me regarding this.

Re: How to setup asus usb-n13 wireless adapter in Linux Mint

Setting up a wireless device is somewhat easy task but for this some information is needed as windows do not support the wireless card automatically so how can a Linux do it of its own. You might have read a manual for how to install NDI swapper but now don’t install it before that you just need to identify the chipset and more other information is needed. And if you don’t have a manual then search for it on net and follow the instruction.

There are usually few cards that work without configuring but few cards need it. You need the information for making wireless network work smoothly. You need a Linux test editors in that type a code given below:
    Code:
     lspci -knn > lspci.txt
    This you will going to inside your home folder and will give all the information regarding that. Hope this will surely going to help to get you things done.

I was facing the similar sort of issue where I had done most of the things. I had even created a script which usually automatically run the command which required for connection and then add all the output in the text file. Most probably ubuntu need a sudo command for preceding some other commands and distros which is like fedora need a path with a command. If you are having a pci wirelessly then you may use the following command.
    Code:
    lspci -knn

Well you can use this keyword to do so isusb which is used for displaying the list of usb device, ismod which most probably make use of modules which usually include a drivers which is in use and even dmesg which going to display all the message from the operating system. If you had loaded the right drivers which is an rt2800usb drivers then just check the output of an ifconfig –a. I think so your adapter might be wlan1. Just when you’re trying to connect it are you able to see the available network.if so then just check your message what you’re getting.

Just check on/ off button which usually disconnect from both the operating system. Turn off and then on it and then just run the code:
    dylan@dylan-Lenovo-V560 ~ $ sudo modprobe rfkill
    [sudo] password for dylan:

And if you don’t get any response then just type the below code
    Code:
    dylan@dylan-Lenovo-V560 ~ $ sudo rfkill list
    ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN
    	Soft blocked: yes
    	Hard blocked: no
    i2400m-usb:2-1.4:1.0: WiMAX
    acer-wireless: Wireless LAN
     phy0: Wireless LAN
    	Hard blocked: yes
    phy1: Wireless LAN
    This wills surely going to work for you.