Thread: mac address continuously dropping on wifi router

mac address continuously dropping on wifi router

I have a DGL 4300 on channel 11 on the front of the house, Engenius EOC 1650, is configured as an access point on channel 6 cable to him in the back of the house (with a DHCP address reservation ), the same SSID and security settings, all firmware are up to date. The "roaming" was a extremely healthy until suddenly the poor 3 Macs (again, 10.6.x) stopped up between to the Internet from some station. Reset both routers to solve the problem, but I do not know how long term. Note that the PC configuration unidentified to me, almost certainly Win 7) does not fail to mark a pace here, just stay chugging away, and I'm a lifelong Mac user what should I look to prevent this from happening?

Re: mac address continuously dropping on wifi router

I'm not certain what diagnostics are obtainable on the Dlink, but if you speak the figure of IP addresses life form second-hand. All you require is an idiot paranlid, which continually changes its wireless MAC address, and therefore also changes the DHCP IP address supplied to run the IP router. Similarly, all you need is a machine that has a static IP address set wrong, where the IP of the machine just happens to be set the same as the IP router and everything stops. There are other silly things to do, but I will not detail here.

IF it really is an G3 ibook or G4, which is quite aged, it's formally incomplete to mac os x 10.3.9. My G3 iBook has a torture of occasion linking to a number of encrypted access points. My fellow citizen has two of people’s weird ampshade Mac's, also organization 10.4.9. Neither determination connects to his DIR655 wireless router, but will connect nicely to my WHR-HP-G54. My guess(tm) is that there's some kind of compatibility issue between Mac wireless and some routers, but at $40-$60 for a new router, it's easier to replace than to fix.

That's attention-grabbing. The Dlink is set to "WPA Personal" and "self" TKIP / AES has worked fighting fit so far. The Engenius is set to "WPA-PSK-mixed" and "self" seems to be the similar obsession. Could make straightforward it, I presumption. I retain information a pair of years Macs have troubles with AES. I similar to the thought of disconnect SSID for Macs. I'm not in no doubt how, despite the fact that. I'll investigate into it.

Auto sort works, but tends to be slow to connect. I do not know exactly how it works, but my guess is that if AES does not, fall back to TKIP. How long is unknown. The WRT54G router I mentioned, the primary SSID is WPA2-AES + TKIP, which is the same as "auto". Does not work with multiple Macs in the office complex. I have not had time to fix the problem, and no one seems interest here. So instead of fighting it, I just created a SSID WPA-TKIP, and ignored the problem

Thanks for looking. I require a novel router soon anyhow. The Engenius has a configuration for VLAN profiles, which almost certainly will give me a headache find out, and probably not what I need. Above information provided was more than sufficient. It helped lot. I appreciate all of you .who had helped to solve the problem.if anyone got any more doubt than let me know here .i will be ready to help you all.
    Thanks for the help!