Thread: Bugs on Wifi router

Bugs on Wifi router

It is an open router cannot be seen on my cell phone, but can see by my notebook. I ran kismet on it and the screen does not show channel number, although if you dig a little in the kismet can show the frequencies used. I’ll see if I can get the place to update the firmware. I doubt leaving the factory in this mode. Dlink router is a (model unknown).Dlink is something good. No (Not my choice, though.) Know enough about wifi, I find it disconcerting that kismet can see everything about this router, but the desired channel. When a router issue is SSID and such, this is the selected channel, or there is frequency at which all Wi-Fi will hook.

Re: Bugs on Wifi router

If a device is Wi-Fi of whichever category that nothing can be seen, be obliged to be the transmission of packets of a quantity of sort. If it is an access point ("router"), subsequently if it is the transmission of packets that encompass to be in a specific channel. Characteristically, an access point transmits around 20 beacons per second that you're actually inquisitive channel. If of these belongings; get a sniffer and the book Gast.

I observe this all the time. I possess wireless router WRT54G, running DD-WRT some mutations. I have two shares the same SSID, wireless MAC address. This lead to a lot of mad wireless client, particularly cell phones and PDAs. I have more than a few old wireless HP iPad, PDA; you cannot observe everything, unless you disable one of the SSID. I have a Toshiba laptop quite old in my bank today, which is one of the SSID, but not both at the same time. My iPhone broke jail 5 is even more bizarre. Sometimes it is considered that both the SSID.
    Oh, if you really need a hobby, I have a wireless router that does not successfully negotiate an exchange of encryption WPA-TKIP if the sentence is precisely 15 characters long, and all the numbers. There might be a number of keys do not work. Clientele seem to believe that their WEP, try to talk the use of WEP, and the pump. Complain to manufacturers is useless as many of such combinations are as hardware / software / specific version, not worth your time to even report it, much less fix it.

Kismet state lists the router. Kismet never ran no matter which other than B / G. Most sites have a mixed model and run as far as I be acquainted with. Since there are stealth wireless systems, you in fact necessitate to sprint kismet know what's approximately you. It will not observe the analogue and wireless cameras. It has been my knowledge that barcode scanners wireless is more often than not invisible, so near a store can be a problem. Kismet is a relatively easy program to install. The version of the repository does not work with my adapter, but the current revolution is easy to compile the source code. GPSD is another story. The repurchase was broken version of normal. I found an RPM that worked. When I booted the Linux machine, I'll make another post with the link.

Only one side ( ie, have no idea of the technical reasons, or if my assumptions sense), but have a regular wap / router for b / g and a special area (double width of 40 MHz) for my server file .not use kismet, other than my iPod is a bit (wide, with no channels that show and the regular B / g one), but my laptop just looks normal b / g. others wondered if the channel appears, other than no, cousin of the bands are wider.

Sniffing of four networks
    Network 1
    Manuf : BelkinInte
    Type : infrastructure
    Channel : 5
    Frequency : 2432 - 10 packets, 100.00%

Network 2
    Manuf : BelkinInte
    Type : infrastructure
    Channel : 5
    Frequency : 2432 - 15 packets, 100.00%