Thread: Need help to configure NAT firewall on 6100 Westell DSL Modem

Need help to configure NAT firewall on 6100 Westell DSL Modem

Like a lot of I like Azureus. Nevertheless, through my DSL modem connected straightforwardly toward my Westell 6100 (via Ethernet to my laptop), I believe I have a difficulty through NAT and firewalls. I comprise done extensive online search, which go ahead me toward access my modem and change the port forwarding features. Unluckily I have tried the whole thing falls short. Some help is valued! In addition, no firewall is active on top of my MacBook Pro.

Re: Need help to configure NAT firewall on 6100 Westell DSL Modem

You have to set an initial IP LAN static address on behalf of your computer. Subsequent to the port forward on top of the path to this static IP address LAN. Open DNS be able to slower than your ISP's DNS servers, as a result measure up to. As section Westell port forward, you simply necessitate to azur2, azur1 and TCP and UDP port be supposed to superior, however approximating trying to 60001. After that be confident to select and make active the Westell page.

I'm looking for that other difficulty for you, however how it is configured firewall that is reason the difficulty, not the NAT layer for each section. According to me, which edition of the Westell 6100 you comprise; the firmware edition would be enormous. That is to log into the modem to be acquainted with how to facilitate. I'm still looking into this further, I observe that the edition you have is Verizon and have been recognized to be complicated in the past at what time trying to get a difficulty determined.

What appears necessary is the establishment of a "profile" for the modem within the superior settings menu, you are able to enter information particularly related toward what ports do not just would like to be obtainable for the program, however also filter out every however the stateful packet firewall routine inspection (SPI) touches. The NAT redirect turn out to be transparent for this exacting profile rule, once it is set into action.

All computers (NetGear has a limit of 4) are able to be assigned a static IP address dissimilar LAN then is able to carry forward. Avoid assigning the similar port to dissimilar computers. You be supposed to also run torrents on top of a single computer and the necessitate to set limits on top of the number of global connections and upload speed within support of the torrent client that the router be able to simply handle a imperfect number of simultaneous connections (64-128). If not, and Torrent are moved to the signals to and from other computers.

Power Mac G4 - System Preferences - Network - Integrated Ethernet - Using DHCP. Plug an Ethernet cable commencing the Mac toward the router Netgear. Make confident the router and modem are not linked at the same time. At this point, the team should talk to the router. The Network window should show an IP address as 192.168.1.x where x is 2 or a small number. Nothing 2-255 should be fine. More significantly, the router is supposed to read 192.168.1.1. If it does not, click "Apply Now". If that does not facilitate, attempt "Renew DHCP Lease" key. Once you contain a router address, you are able to go on.

Your Westell 6100 is mainly possible previously configured as a router, consequently, has its own NAT. Added a Netgear router. As a result enter an additional NAT. It is not a perfect situation, for the reason that stipulation you're twice NAT'ing. And you have the opportunity of conflict if the domestic IP of Netgear is the similar IP range as the within of the component of Westell. I verify to perceive if your Westell router is running within and if therefore, turn it to be now a modem / bridge.