Thread: Norton 360 won't perform backup to external drive

Norton 360 won't perform backup to external drive

I have installed Norton 360 the all in one utility. I am using windows XP operating system. I am having a external drive, thus I want to perform backup to my external drive so I used Norton 360, but unfortunately it won’t backup to my external drive. Doing this it gives me error saying there is some backup problem relating to connect some of the external drive to the computer. Here I need help from you to solve the problem, please do the needful.

Re: Norton 360 won't perform backup to external drive

Well I think it is not a major problem in which you are stucked into. I think that you would have changed the drive letter. I have looked at this problem cause and most certainly the reason for this is either the change of letter of drive or else change of volume name of disk. Hence look for this by navigating through the application settings of it and then if you find it then remove the previous information, thus after this just create new backup settings for this.

This is certainly not a big issue to worry about. Well the above post correctly guides you to perform the backup, if accordingly done these settings. The other thing which could result in error is if you have set the path to your local drives. It is always advised to check the settings properly, as the backup is going to be performed to these drives only. So be certain that you applied the correct settings and chosen appropriate drive letter.

I imply you do in this situation is to run LiveUpdate manually from the home page then Norton LiveUpdate to make definite you have the latest updates to Norton 360. Make definite your Internet connection is functioning appropriately first. LiveUpdate runs involuntarily find and install the available updates for Norton 360. You may be provoked to restart your computer after running LiveUpdate.

What you need to configure the Norton Personal Firewall to allow the backup process. Therefore, by browsing through the advanced settings in Norton 360. There you will come across a configuration of the firewall, so go through it and find the rules on it. No, if the backup process is in the block list, then delete, so backup can be procedural and therefore may have significant support in the external drive.