Thread: PC is sending malicious mails

PC is sending malicious mails

I am using Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8. From last few days I have observed that some of the malicious mails are sent from my hot mail account. I don’t know why? I have never seen this before. I have not sent any of the mails to anyone. Is there anything to worry about? It is sending the mails to my entire contacts list. Please suggest how I can overcome this problem.

Re: PC is sending malicious mails

It is not an uncommon issue that you are facing. I have seen many people facing the same issue that malicious emails are sent from their email-id’s to the entire ids that are listed into the contacts of your account. So, I think that your account has been hacked. So before you do anything just try to change the password of your account as soon as possible. This will definitely be your first step to stop the emails sent by your ID.

It is not only that if some person has hacked you email account, but it can also be because of the virus or any suspicions program that has attacked your system. So before you perform any of the actions, try to clean your system with the good Anti-Virus programs like AVG or Norton Internet Security. Once you clean your system from virus, and then perform the registry cleaning. You can perform this by using CCleaner, this will help you to remove any traces or unwanted files from your system.

All of the first you need to change your password. But before that you need to perform the system scan to remove the viruses or suspicious programs running in your system. Once you remove the viruses clean your hard drive and the go on to your mail account and then firstly change your password. Once you change your password then change the security questions that you have selected at the time of creating your account.

You can make your security level. Change your browser security level and also your mail account security level. And also make sure that you have kept the firewall ON in your system. If mot then go to the control panel in your system and there you will find the Windows firewall option. Just turn the windows firewall ON. This will not allow any of the suspicious traffic to pass through the internet connection.

When you change your password or change any security questions then make sure that you remember your new security answer and you new password. Also change the alternate e-mail ID. This will help you if someone tries to change the password of your account. Also if you find any of the emails suspicious then immediately report them as spam as soon as possible. As, some programs enter into your account and when opened the program that is made to hack your account gets executed and will help hacker to access your account.