Thread: Can windows defender and Avast run at a time?

Can windows defender and Avast run at a time?

Friends I have been running avast as my antivirus and my windows defender is also on can anyone tell me is it ok to do because one of my friend said doing this would have system clash and the OS would get corrupted so am afraid can anyone just tell me do I have to switch one of them off or I can run both of them at a same time anyone of you have ever tried running both of this together? Please help me? Suggest something

Re: Can windows defender and Avast run at a time?

Not actually who said you this I don’t think this is true windows defender is almost on all system and they do use antivirus why don’t here OS get crashed what’s wrong in that that is absolutely not true don’t need to hear anything like that off course you can use both of them and have a good security to you computer in fact I would say it’s a good thing to run both of them you have double security to you computer its nice don’t need to worry enjoy both of them together.

Well I don’t know about avast if it has any problem with the windows defender or know but I am using windows security it’s kind of malware scanner and corrupt file scanner for windows and with that I have quick heal antivirus I never found any system clash or OS getting corrupted I don’t think this is true you can surely use both of them together this is not a bad choice I think any antivirus don’t have to do anything with the windows functions

I agree with this they don’t have to do anything with windows defender antivirus is for other purpose and windows defender is for different use, antivirus is used for viruses’ malware spyware and all and also as firewall but these windows defender is to see if any driver has been not installed or is been installed and all that purpose they have the work to defend problems regarding windows file I think so they are completely with to different logic can surely they don’t have any problem by running together.

Dear I don’t know anything in so much detail but I would like to say something else and I have experienced something and I would like to share it over here because I think that was related to something like this, once when I had new computer and I had my windows defender on I downloaded an antivirus know as COMODO antivirus and I installed it and as it got installed just after some 5 10 minute I got a blue screen error and my OS got crushed so I think there can be some problem regarding this I dint installed comodo after that so I think there are problem with some software which hates windows defender and they don’t work properly when the see windows defender is on

Looking at such of problem I think we cannot decide that some software’s do hate the windows defender it can also be that the software or antivirus you have downloaded that must be corrupted and when you would have installed you software it might have corrupted some of the registry file and then it would have the cause to occur all that problem I would also like to support those point which says there isn’t any problem in having windows defender and avast been run together.

Yes off course Avast and can work with windows defender and I don’t think there would be any problem regarding this. I can’t be 100% sure that they would not have any problem or no but I strongly have a belief that they won’t create any problem while working together. I am running both of them together and I never saw any problem happening in my pc till now so I think they would be working together its harmless you can let it go don’t worry.

I would like to ask an advice regarding the windows defender and avast anitivirus, if it is really safe to run them at one time... I've been using avast for a longer period of time since avast 3.8. version, and I can proudly say that avast secured my OS as long as it is licensed. And i never got a corrupted file since then. I don't agree that having two antivirus will give better result because the different antivirus have their different strength and weaknesses. I experienced that avast erased the set-up file and other component of other antivirus which are not virus but a software/antivirus component..

Quote Originally Posted by jak_stat View Post
    I would like to ask an advice regarding the windows defender and avast anitivirus, if it is really safe to run them at one time... I've been using avast for a longer period of time since avast 3.8. version, and I can proudly say that avast secured my OS as long as it is licensed. And i never got a corrupted file since then. I don't agree that having two antivirus will give better result because the different antivirus have their different strength and weaknesses. I experienced that avast erased the set-up file and other component of other antivirus which are not virus but a software/antivirus component..
    No it is not safe to run two antiviruses at the same time as there are possibilities that the might interfere with each other and will lead you in to various issues further. It is really not recommended to use more that one antivirus at the same time.