Thread: Cannot connect with Bay Networks Switch

Cannot connect with Bay Networks Switch

I am having the Bay Networks Baystack 301 24 port switch and I am facing the intermittent power issues. I found that the pins which are there on the power plug on the IC board required to clean. After cleaning that I was not having any problem with that. But still I am having issue with connecting via the com port for the CLI. Can somebody suggest me that how can I get Hyper Terminal functioning through this switch.

re: Cannot connect with Bay Networks Switch

You can try by resetting the the switch through the computer connected and if the hyperterminal still cannot function then you can also use the telix in place of that. Change the speed of that to 9,600. If you are not getting the proper connection then I think that there may be problem with the cable. So try to change the cable and then this can also resolve the problem for you. So do these things and see if any of this helps you.

There can be problem of the broken console or it can be the problem of PC COM port. I would like to tell you that most of the switches make use of 8 bits and 9600 baud. You will have to attach the console cable and exercise hyperterm. Every so often you be obliged to tap the enter key numerous times to obtain a response. Let’s see if that helps you or not. I hope that you will get out of the issue soon.

I found an online manual for change and I have all the correct settings for the hyperterminal but still no luck. I'm using the same serial cable that I used successfully to establish a direct cable connection between two computers. Is this the kind of law? In addition, roofing in the switch, not need to know the IP address or the name of the port that I'm online? I have no idea what the previous owner set of these too. I tried restarting several times and tried to press enter several times.

You require a serial cable to attach to the console port does not have a switch switch. I Bay in front of me, but they are generally a DB9 or RJ45 switch. It connects to the serial port (COM1) on your PC (which is DB9). Then configure HyperTerm connect through COM1 and set the protocol at 9600 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit. Connect and press enter a couple of times and you should get a menu.

Re: Cannot connect with Bay Networks Switch

I used the smaller units, for example, 350-24T, and was enough to convince me not to rely on the Bay with more traffic. Your VLAN support is extremely primitive with inter-VLAN MAC collision problems could not be resolved in a predictable manner. I'm not a fan of the UI right. Bay Networks is out of business for a reason. Its new owner, Nortel does not make Ethernet switches (to my knowledge). If you need to do VLANs on the line, get the company 2924XL, otherwise a normal 2924 will have no problem.