Thread: How to remove Mac Protector Virus?

How to remove Mac Protector Virus?

I was having Windows XP in my computer but recently I brought a MAC notebook. I have got something like Mac Protector Virus in my MAC. I am using Mac OS X Operating System. I use Internet as I have to do all my work through the internet. I have seen that it always prompt me to “clean up” my system. It even makes many pop-ups. Can anyone help to remove this virus? As I have lots of data in my laptop.

Re: How to remove Mac Protector Virus?

As you know that any of the viruses that enter into your system is definitely going to harm your system if it is not removed as earlier as possible. So always keep in mind that you don’t allow any of the viruses to enter into your system. So always use the best Anti-Virus program which will help you to protect your system against any virus or any other harmful programs that enters into your system and damage the data.

It is known that Mac Protector is Fake rouge that enters into your Mac OS X. if you want to remove this virus, and then you need to download the OSX.Malware Removal Tool Rev. 3 which helps to get rid of these fake virus programs. When you install this in your system, at the top you will find the space to enter that you want. In that just type Activity Monitor, before pressing the enter key make sure that you have selected for all processes. Then you will be displayed with a list of activities running, in that select the Mac Protector and select the Quit option. Once you have quit this process, then go to the Application folder and from there move all the files named with Mac Protector to trash.

I have heard from many Apple users that Macs cannot contain any viruses or any other harmful programs. But it is not the right thing. Because there is a fake malware program that is recently seen that is trying to infect the Mac OS X systems. This program when enters into your system it gets activated and then keeps on changing its name. It acts as if it the security programs that were provided by the Mac. So beware of these programs before you follow any of the steps.

You can get rid of these fake programs, but you need to have some safety. As you know that these viruses enter into your system mostly through the Internet, so whenever you think that any of the websites or pages is giving you some warnings or if it is looking wary, then never try to select anything on them. There may be chances that they may warn you about the viruses or something suspicious. Also they may look like some of the best brand names, but they all may be viruses. Also make sure that you make the settings disable for the files to open “safe” after you make some downloads if you use Safari browser.

As you said that you are having some important data in your system and are worried that this virus may harm your system, then before proceeding with any of the changes in the settings just back up all your things in the system into some external hard drive. After that you can try to delete some of the files that are associated with the Mac Protector. To do so, you need to go to the Application folder in your system and then delete all the files that are there with the name Mac Protector.app. Before performing this method please close all the other applications running on your system

You can use some of the Anti-Virus program for your Mac OS X such as Sophos Anti-Virus for Mac or ESET Cybersecurity for Mac. This will help you to protect your system from the viruses. Before running them, make sure that you delete all the files and quit all the Mac Protector processes. After that make a search naming “Mac Protector” to make sure that there are no files associated with it. After removing all the files you can now perform the complete system scan.