Thread: How to use own FTP for cloud storage

How to use own FTP for cloud storage

I am student of B.tech. I have keen desire to know about the networking. I want to know about the cloud storage. But I didn’t get how to use the own ftp. This is very critical problem with me. Please give me right direction and right and suitable solution. I have posted same so many forums. I hope I’ll get the solution very soon. But I have keen hope from this forum. So please response as soon as possible for you.

Re: How to use own FTP for cloud storage

You could set up a home based ftp server then from there you could use software such as good sync to set up a task to sync every xx minutes/hours. But if you want to do it on the free side. You could use Microsoft’s home sync (I forgot the official name) you use a computer you have at home to be the master server and your clients sync to that. So first all you know about the server then after you will know about the FTP protocol. Then you should utilize the storage cl.oud for the FTP.

The problem with FTP is that it is the card only - you need to upload manually, or download files to and from the server, not automatic. For a sync solution, like Drop box or Live Mesh, you need a special program on each client that monitors files and folders synchronized and load all the changes to the server, which spreads to other customers. If it was not necessary to synchronize with Android, I recommend Live Mesh. I utilize it myself, even as a storage solution - all my user files are synchronized with my server, and can be restored from there if essential. It is a completely local solution, both teams still communicate through the servers of Live Mesh, but no actual data stored in the cloud, and can sync everything you want (or at least as much as my hard drive hold). Maybe gaze around to see if any applications or 3rd party hack that enables Live Mesh to be utilized in Android?

It all depends on how big a fish found in the kennel. I bet that the vast majority of hosts (obviously with the exception of a few others), still are buying the data involved in a particular relationship> 1:1 (although I have no supporting data). It all depends on who are purchasing the data out there, if your buy of a large amount of data from an ISP, as you say you has a lot of bandwidth out underutilized, but the input bandwidth of. I think it will give you some help.

We currently use the FTP service provided by our web hosting company, but they are angry because they are not supposed to be uploading files to FTP server, if not for our website. If is a configuration of common hosting its very probable that you can track data across the Internet utilizing FTP and setup to evidence only the utilize of HTTP by analyzing the log file. They find upset and when utilizing data that can not bill. So according to me you can know more detail about this frozen book.