Thread: Unable to have Web Server and VPN server on one device?

Unable to have Web Server and VPN server on one device?

I have purchased a latest computer and configuration of my computer is 4GB RAM and 500 GB HDD & 1GB Graphics, Intel Core i5. And I have connected a MTNL broadband internet and the internet service provider of MTNL provides 4 Mbps of speed. And I think that the MTNL internet service provider is the best service provider in Mumbai. I have serious problem on the basis of networking is that I am unable to have the Wed Server and the VPN server on one device. So I am thinking of getting help of some experience people. So please help me in finding out this problem. Thanking all in advanced for helping me and giving me the suggestions.

Re: Unable to have Web Server and VPN server on one device?

I would like to recommend you that I think that you should need to require the IIS enabled on your server to have the VPN server. I think that you should install the IIS on the VPN server. I think that to do this we should have to take the advantage of the CA enterprise that means you must have to make the request to the online certificate server. This computer certificate is allowed only when you are using the IIS Certificate request wizard and request what they now call the “Domain certificate”. This happens only when the request certificate belongs to the same domain of the CA enterprise.

I would like to recommend you that if your problem has been not solved by installing the IIS on the VPN server then I think that you should Request a Machine Certificate for the VPN Server using the IIS Certificate Request Wizard. I think for doing this you will need to request the machine certificate for the VPN server. I think to create the SSL VPN connection with the SSL VPN client computer I think that the VPN server must require the machine certificate. To connect the SSL VPN gateway I thing that the certificate must match the name of the VPN client for which you are going to connect. I think that for the name of the certificate you must have to create the public DNS entry so that you can resolve the external IP address on the VPN server. I hope that the problem will be solved.

I would like to recommend you that if your problem is not solved then try to enable the RRAS server and configure the VPN and NAT server. I think that you should have to enable the features of the VPN server and the NAT server. I think that you should have to enable the NAT server because to gain access to the Certificate server to connect to the CRL. I think that if we want to give the access to the CRL I think that you should have to configure the VPN server using the NAT server and publish the CRL using the reverse NAT. I think that you should have the firewall such as the ISA firewall in front of the certificate server; so that I think that you should be able to publish the CRL using the firewall. I hope that this will solve the problem.

From the discussion going on I would like to recommend you that you should have to configure the NAT server to publish the CRL. In this situation I think that the SSL VPN client should be able to download the CRL to confirm that the server certificate on the VPN server has not been able to be revoked. I think to forward the HTTP request for the CRL location to the certificate server you will need to configure the device in front of the certificate server. If you are not able to know that what URL the SSL VPN client needs to connect to download the CRL. I think that you must have to see within the certificate itself. You will be able to find the information when you double click on the certificate in the IIS console.

I would like to recommend you that if you want to have Web Server and VPN server on one device you should have to configure the SSL VPN server I think so to configure you should have to use the windows server 2008. And then you have to install the IIs on the VPN server, and then try to request and install the server certificate. And then install and then configure the CA server and RRAS and the NAT services on the VPN server. And then the last think you have to do is to finish up the configuration by configuring the CA server and the SSTP VPN client. I hope that this will solve the problem.

While I was surfing on the internet I saw the topic and the suggestion given to you the suggestions are quite systematic and recently I was also suffering from the same problem that you are suffering now but I am wondering that now the problem has been solved because for you if no then you have to search on the Google for your exact suggestion or you will also get the videos on the Google. I hope that this will help you in solving the problem and giving you the correct suggestion.