Thread: Is Broomguard a Scam?

Is Broomguard a Scam?

Hey guys I am been first time on this forums and hope will some better suggestion, actually my brother got a pop up message alerting of some virus and she ended up buying Broomguard, but that also didn’t help, in fact not even installed properly, I have never heard of the product, so I guess this is possibly a scam. And I think this is definitely a virus, as I checked the process in the task manager I seen the process called ssvagent.exe running, now to get rid of this? thus don’t know what to do exactly should I change it to something else or what shall I do next, need suggestion. Thanks

Re: Is Broomguard a Scam?

In fact I would say I haven’t heard about the same, thus I would say it might be possible that I could be scam, I would suggest you that you should try to contact their website or through any contact, and as you have mentioned that it is not even installing properly, I would say don’t use this product whereas if you think that your machine is infected through the viruses you should use another antivirus software, or it might be possible that you would lose your important data.

I would say BroomGuard seems vague. Simply you have made a mistake, you should first contact somebody before buying any such product, because I have heard that many of such fraudulent products are in the market, they just lent the money from the customers and whatever the product they give is of no use actually, I would you should not use this product though you have download it.

See, the process name that you have mentioned seems from the JAVA utility, it is not a virus I think, thus I am not sure, but want to ask you the same like are you using any java product? If yes then the file belongs to that only, or else this would be virus. you can see this files in this directories such as C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin orit could be in the C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin.

If you think that your PC is infected then I would say you should try to buy any legitimate software from the market, or else you may lose you data as well harm some important data. According to me you can have the software called AVG, which supports very good with any operating system, and along with that almost clean the PC as soon as possible. I am using the same, thus my recommendation would be the same, or else you can have another software too, as there are many product in the market.

I am also not aware about the software that you have mentioned but I would say you can get the better idea about this software if you search it on the internet, and it might be possible that the product that you is not a scam. But you don’t have the actual installation files. Thus you are unable to install the same, or you can visit the security forums, there are many on internet. There also you can find the exact answer for this.

I would say we all are depend upon the antivirus, but together with that suggest you that you should browse the internet smartly, and this is surely a fraud, some of the symptoms would be like, you won’t have received any confirmation mails from themselves, or you haven’t got any details for the product, if this is same, then surely this is a oversea fraud. And unfortunately you are trapped, thus must have to choose another antivirus software for the same. And I would say NIS is the best reputed one, that only support the machine locally but provide the security to the internet also.