Thread: What is the best way to avoid phishing or malwares in public computers

What is the best way to avoid phishing or malwares in public computers

I always use to surf over internet from public computers. And all of us know that these public computers are not safe, as they contain several malwares and always the public computers are infected. I use chrome browser by downloading that instead of several other browser. We can say they are more prone to attack. So I want to know any such methods which would help me to prevent from these malwares or from phishing, when I surf using the public computers. So give me advice on the same.

Re: What is the best way to avoid phishing or malwares in public computers

The most basic one which I am going to tell is that do not make use of passwords that are simple to be revealed, such as birth dates, car no, mobile no. Give first choice to series that is alphanumeric. As well, do not make use of as a password permutation that is less than 6 characters. The mainly vital thing: do not maintain your passwords in Word files or any further program. If you necessitate storing a password on paper, then wipe out it after saving the succession. Besides, stay away from using the identical password for numerous services.

While you surf using public computers do not send important data via electronic mail. If you have to do transaction with net banking, then it is safer straight typing the address of that particular page you want to retrieve as an alternative of using a link received in an electronic message, for example. Make sure previous to this is a safe link (you can verify it start with https and has a lock on the base of the browser. All these things is necessary to look on while using public computers as this the location where there are most odds of getting hacked.

Truly said that public computers are always infected by some or the other reasons. Each and every program in that is suspicious and thus we cannot trust any of such programs on that machine. So in order to use some applications, there is a option for using portable applications. Os just download these portable apps and transfer it into your USB drive. After that when you go to any public computer usually cyber, just run your Pen drive’s application and surf through that.

I would mention few things on it to get prevented from malwares or phishing. First thing were people get are attack using phishing is using social networking applications like facebook. These applications prompt us to login using facebook, and when we enter these login credentials, and then we are redirected to some other sites. And the page which we were shown like to enter facebook password, then that password is transferred or received by some malicious website. So always look on the page and find whether that particular page is genuine and trusty.

Keep in mind to make normal backups of all documents on peripheral media, and not misplace all the objects if safety measures are not sufficient to avoid hacking. If you simply have antivirus and firewall, be conscious that a few browsers and email clients integrate anti-spam and anti-phishing programs, as suitable. Use them. And consider that you must only download application from website that you trust, else these are the major reasons from where you get malwares.

There is some more measure that you need to look on in order to be safe from such attacks. The first is basically verifying the site which you are using. Then also check that who is sending you emails and see that you receive mails only from genuine users. Always do not enter the private data on other sites, such as credit card no. or account no. Also stay away from offers which claim to give more discounts, and in the name of that you would receive malicious Trojans viruses.