Thread: How to remove Defender.exe virus

How to remove Defender.exe virus

Does anyone knows how to remove Defender.exe virus. My existing antivirus failed to detect it. Recently my friend gave his pen drive which has a portable antivirus scanner in it. After connecting that antivirus detected a huge amount of threats. All those were defender.exe. I want some help here to remove it. My system looks to be working fine, but this threat can cause serious issue in future.

Re: How to remove Defender.exe virus

Launch Task Manager first. Go to Process. Without terminating the virus process it is not easy to remove it. You have to turn off the following things WS83b.exe, FS.exe, SICKBOY.exe & [RandomNumber.exe]. Find this exe files and terminate them. Then search in C drive for Windows Defender folder. Delete it. Download a good registry cleaner software and scan your system. Wipe out unwanted entries from the same.

To complete remove this virus you will have to remove its all entries. I can give you the list of files that you have to find and delete them one by one. You can do this in safe mode. In normal mode you might get error while deleting the files. The files that you have to delete are WSDDSys, WS83b.exe, 8727.mof, mozcrt19.dll, sqlite3.dll, WSD.ico, vd952342.bd, wsd.cfg, Windows System Defender.lnk and cookies.sqlite. File all this files and delete them.

The files which are mentioned above are located inside C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\61a60. Just go in 61a60 folder and delete all its content. Later on you have to go in %UserProfile%\Application Data and search for a folder name Windows System Defender. Just delete all its content. The last place you have to go is in Recent. You will find files with extension dll, sys, tmp, drv, etc. Remove them all and reboot your pc.

I had also face the same issue. Once this virus is in your pc it will not go. You have to use a good antivirus. That is the best easy way. Download a powerful antivirus like Norton and scan your pc with that. This type of antivirus are capable of locating threats and cleaning them out. You can try scanning your system multiple times under safe mode to get the right output.