Thread: Need help to bring on wifi both imac and iphone

Need help to bring on wifi both imac and iphone

I am no longer getting some programs with my data over the wifi. I had some backup of the same kept at an external hard drive. So yesterday I set up everything. After that I transfer my existing music files which were more than 800 songs and synchronized the same to iTunes and iPhone. But at that time nothing was in synced. I was trying to do this on a wifi network. I need some help for the same to make proper settings for transferring my file to mac pc. The photos are the most important part here. And can I do this with multiple computers at a single time. I have some number of system in which I want to sync my backup and appointments.

Re: Need help to bring on wifi both imac and iphone

You can use the iPhone only to sync with one computer. But if you want to have multiple computers sync and iPhone and want to transfer your contacts and appointments on the same page then you can use Mobile Me. I assume using Outlook on Windows. This is because it does not hang on the Exchange server. I am regular user here who sync files between iMac and MacBook and I am pretty sure that this operation can be a bit tedious. But if you do that with an single system than it works easily.

It can be done alternately one by one to the systems. Here you can start from connecting the iPhone first to one computer and and then sync calendar and contacts. Once you done with that then you can sync the same with other computer. You can also sync the same with iTunes. I am not sure that Apple products have an kind of a server type thing which lets you to sync those contacs and files over different systems.

For that you need an better and open wifi area or a hot-spot. Check that it is not authenticated that blocks the incoming and outgoing connection. Sync is very easy here, all you need to do is turn on the wifi and then search for the network. The system is easily shown on the phone choose it, provide the net password if you have any and then sync the files. Whatever has new updates are sync already and done with the same.

The sync things stated working automatically in iTunes. It will start automatically when you connect the iphone to your mac system. There are some tools that can help you to connect your iphone to your system and share the files. But those are not so reliable. Important to check here is that your iphone is showing the wifi network. If not then reconfigure the same and check your router settings. Turn it back on and off for something till it becomes stable

Here are some of my steps that I do to sync my iPhone data. For that connect the phone and launch iTunes. Then with right click choose Options > Mark and click Ok. then from the library with the mouse right click you can choose the create AAC version. Create a 20-second song in AAC format. There are some tools like iSync which are make to sync songs and iphone files directly with mac system in less time.