Thread: How can I close port 2000 in windows 7?

How can I close port 2000 in windows 7?

How to close the port 200o in windows 7? I know it in windows vista that we are suppose to move to add ports in the control panel and then move to all items of control panel then windows firewall then in allowed programs but when I am doing the same procedure in windows 7 then there is no option for this? All what I can see is add programs but not adding ports and all can anyone tell me what to do over here can anyone suggest me with something ?

Re: How can I close port 2000 in windows 7?

Ok so when you are over there then what you can do is click on the advance setting and then you would see inbound rules click on that then there would be number of options double click on any of the program you want to and then there would be option of protocols and port click on that you will get it and then you can do it from there. Well I haven’t done it I just found it I think this would work and solve your problem actually I think it must work because you want some ports setting to do and by this steps we do reach to the ports and there I think we can change it as per as I want .

You are well familiar with windows vista I think that means you must be knowing how to deal with ports and all and you know window vista steps I can give you some clue about it but I don’t think I know much about ports as I haven’t been there much but I have some two step and I think this would give u some clue and which you can solve your problem I think so my steps are like first you have to type Windows Firewall in run in start menu, now the second step is to click on allow a program or features to windows firewall which would be appeared on the top left of that windows firewall window and then the window will appear which would have a button change setting click there and see if it helps you

Hmm I don’t know if this all solutions would have been working for you but I too have a same but little different solution and I think this would solve your problem because I have saw some other ports been displayed in it and I think you know enough to get onto your point after a certain right hints and I think I have that hint my solution don’t talk in much different way but it say go in the form you are going I mean go to windows firewall as you know it’s in control panel or even with run and then you are going to allow a program option rather selecting that you have to select the last option above trouble shoot and below restore defaults its advance setting and as you click on it the next window is your port list I hope you would find it in that.

Hey go to windows firewall and then go to that advance option on the left I think that’s the only way where you can find port 2000 and close it if you want I haven’t been dealing with it I searched for it and suggesting you what all I got to know I think this views must have given you some clues to solve your problem and I hope the best that you get solved with your problems, and I hope you know well about this ports and all just not trying to deal with it just because some one said you or so s I think if you don’t better go through with them and then try to make changes and I think this is where you will surely find them.