Thread: Firewall blocks all settings of my system till next boot

Firewall blocks all settings of my system till next boot

Since this morning I have a problem with my firewall in windows. After surfing the net, I have a red cross appeared on the tool bar at the bottom telling me that my firewall was disabled. I clicked on the cross to try to reactivate it and it tells me the following, Due to an unidentified problem, window can not display window firewall settings. I did something I am not sure of and what happens that all of my settings are blocked. I cannot play games and nothing do here. Sometime my internet also worked very slowly. But things went fine on reboot. What is this issue related to.

Re: Firewall blocks all settings of my system till next boot

I faced a similar type of problem and the same is still present. I got into network connection and found that my LAN-connection is connected. It is an Broad-com net and then checked my Virtual private network which also showed that it is connected. When I right click and go to the advanced tab it gave me the same errors saying due to an unidentified problem windows can not display firewall settings Windows. The first solution for this is by fixing the SharedAccess registry key of Windows Firewall Service. The same occurs if the system is infected with virus.

I such case you can install a new fire because of the window was blocked the services. You can disable your current firewall and add a new one. There are many free firewall that you can use. Like there is an new firewall which is called as Kaspersky Anti Hacker. Second thing just go and check that Windows Live OneCare is installed or not. This tool will come with its own firewall that tends to scan your coming and outgoing connections.

I had changed my firewall because of the same issue. The firewall is still disabled now and I am happy with the third support. Here Kaspersky Anti Hacker is quiet well and everything goes nicely here. There are some weird Windows Update that searches for other updates and that is not stopped by this. But this does not look any harm to the system. You get an dedicated antivirus solution with any kind of internet security program.

Restart the computer and boot in safe mode by pressing F8. In the menu, you should be able to choose safe mode. And then download and copy sharedaccess.reg in your system. This is the registry fix for the issue and remember that download it from some better source online. Or else your it will not work at all and the last option you have is to format your system and re-installing all things back again.

There is basic setting that can help. For that click on Start and go in Connect To. Click on show all connections. Then right click on your current connection > Properties > Advanced And under Windows Firewall choose Settings. If does not allow exceptions is marked then uncheck otherwise you will need o allow many applications manually for allowing the applications to work. If everything is done and this does not work then disable Windows Firewall.